+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hello
I am a outside dependent. Everything submitted back in Feb 2022. Now in May 2023 got medical and biometric request. Followed by the same checklist (generic form, schedule A, additional family information….etc) again.
Updated and resubmitted through webform. And called IRCC to ask if that means my processing will start from the beginning. Agent said no. Reviewing officers can ask for updated forms any time during the process.

Regards
Hello Selbashir, please I would be grateful if you could tell me what were the exact documents and forms (checklist (generic form, schedule A, additional family information….etc ) Thanks in advance.

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
Good morning.
I don't think this our class makes any meaning to IRCC. We are not on the list for anything. I just checked the tracker now and it has jumped from 45 months again to 48 months. I would have completed the processing time by December 2023, now it has moved again. Even the MP that helped in accessing the file said nothing has been done on 5he file since 6months ago when we submitted what was asked for.
At this point, I really feel weak and I don't know if sending an email to the immigration minister will help. I don't even know what this our class is waiting for honestly. It's been years our families has been separated and yet none of us knows what to expect.
It is well at this point

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Good morning.
I don't think this our class makes any meaning to IRCC. We are not on the list for anything. I just checked the tracker now and it has jumped from 45 months again to 48 months. I would have completed the processing time by December 2023, now it has moved again. Even the MP that helped in accessing the file said nothing has been done on 5he file since 6months ago when we submitted what was asked for.
At this point, I really feel weak and I don't know if sending an email to the immigration minister will help. I don't even know what this our class is waiting for honestly. It's been years our families has been separated and yet none of us knows what to expect.
It is well at this point
IRCC are understaffed and they are still sitting with almost 2.3mil backlog and increasing refugee claim cases sharing same resources. Looking at October alone, there are 17,000 refugee filed claims from average of 2,500 monthly. Its hard, and unfortunately timeline will continue to be stretched further..

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hello, please I received a eligibility letter..... and a line said that " Dependents listed above have received or will receive a document checklist shortly. VO Mexico. Someone received the same letter? Might "shortly" written be good? Thanks

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
IRCC are understaffed and they are still sitting with almost 2.3mil backlog and increasing refugee claim cases sharing same resources. Looking at October alone, there are 17,000 refugee filed claims from average of 2,500 monthly. Its hard, and unfortunately timeline will continue to be stretched further..

Reactions: Carlos Hernandez

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
What this means is that we might never complete the processing time right?
We keep waiting and the processing time keeps jumping and each time you check, they revert that your application is still within processing time right?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What this means is that we might never complete the processing time right?
We keep waiting and the processing time keeps jumping and each time you check, they revert that your application is still within processing time right?
This means there'll be delays but they will process application anyway. In 2019, they introduced measures to deal with all Legacy Claims and they were able to finalize all applications. They re-allocate additional resources and hired some and in 2021 pending claims were at 54,000. However It is now trippling, and I forecast if nothing happens by next year March, there'll be 200,000 pending claims. Provinces will run out of funding for financial assistance, and they are pushing feds through IRCC to prioritize work permits for new claimant, so that they can work. It is the same IRCC resources, that wont keep up with the volume

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Hello, please I received a eligibility letter..... and a line said that " Dependents listed above have received or will receive a document checklist shortly. VO Mexico. Someone received the same letter? Might "shortly" written be good? Thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Once they finalize your application and become Permanent Resident, they will start working on your overseas dependant via Mexico Embassy. But the word "shortly" may not or may mean "shortly"

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Once they finalize your application and become Permanent Resident, they will start working on your overseas dependant via Mexico Embassy. But the word "shortly" may not or may mean "shortly"
Thanks simba112 for your answer. I applied on March 2022, and Sep 28 2023-the eligibility letter. Still processing and dependant overseas just applications received March 2022 and Biometrics

Reactions: Simba112

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
This means there'll be delays but they will process application anyway. In 2019, they introduced measures to deal with all Legacy Claims and they were able to finalize all applications. They re-allocate additional resources and hired some and in 2021 pending claims were at 54,000. However It is now trippling, and I forecast if nothing happens by next year March, there'll be 200,000 pending claims. Provinces will run out of funding for financial assistance, and they are pushing feds through IRCC to prioritize work permits for new claimant, so that they can work. It is the same IRCC resources, that wont keep up with the volume
Honestly thank you for your reply but I still don't really understand it.
What I know is that families are suffering especially families that have been separated for years

Last edited:
Reactions: Mancini

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
Yes, my wife have recieved the program pilot letter. Her process is complete and all the steps are passed. Just we dont know why the desicion hasnt been made.
Hello @Angel1489, please what documents were required for your overseas dependant? Hola Angel, por favor luego de la elibilidad que documentos te pidieron para tu esposa en Mexico. Mi esposa esta en Mexico esperando tambien, pero no estamos por el pilot. Gracias de antemano.

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Hi guys. If the main applicant obtained PR and the dependents got police certificate request , what steps are remaining? How long does it usually take after submitting PCC?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi guys. If the main applicant obtained PR and the dependents got police certificate request , what steps are remaining? How long does it usually take after submitting PCC?
It actually means/shows nothing about the remaining duration. Some dependents submitted PCC in 2020 and yet they’re still waiting.