+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Hello,do one get only one PPR letter for dependants outside canada? Got only one letter with one of them name. But my kids are four.
So want to know if applies to all.
Usually, one PPR is sufficient for all your dependants.

Can you please share your timeline? Congratulations.

allan1985

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
The problem is that the Cap given to protected persons and family members in the immigration level plan is limited. So some applications need to take two or three years or more to be finalised
is the cap is something specific to Ghana VO or for all VO ? bc there is no info about Ircc about cap for protected person dependants pr who lives oversees

Reactions: Hhorlatunjii26

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
Hi y’all my timeline is
1. We recieved your application for permanent residency on September 28 2022.

2. We started processing your application on February 9 2023
And my husband who is an in Canada protected person his tmeline is

3. Medicals has been received.
Please can someone tell me if my pr will be out with my husband pr.

Hopealive

Star Member
Nov 24, 2021
Hi y’all my timeline is

You just started

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi y’all my timeline is

No unless you’re in a pilot program.

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Hello everyone.
A piece of advice from a personal experience,

if your file for overseas family Spouse/Children (Dependent refugees) stuck for over 2 years, reach out to this lawyer office in Toronto.

They will guide you through the steps they usually take in these cases to get the application going. They are all very professional and helpful.

Best of luck

Abramovich & Tchern Immigration Lawyers
atimmigrationlaw.com

Last edited:

allan1985

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
Hello everyone.

if your file for overseas family Spouse/Children (Dependent refugees) stuck for over 2 years, reach out to this lawyer office in Toronto.

They will guide you through the steps they usually take in these cases to get the application going. They are all very professional and helpful.

Best of luck

atimmigrationlaw.com
I am sorry but this is not true........ no one can speed up your application even PM . all they can do is ask for g notes and that's it bc officers sees numbers and no one can do nothing and fyi you should start counting the time after you recieved PR for VO to process your dependant application all the best

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
No unless you’re in a pilot program.
@Orlando_Best My wife overseas is on the pilot program and got assessments completed and passed in July, eligibility, medical, criminal all passed. But haven’t heard anything else since then, no final decisión has been made, is this normal? What is the timeline for the pilot program.

the office VO for her will be mexico. We have submitted our app in April 2021, and i got my PR in June 2023.

if anyone knows, plz.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
@Orlando_Best My wife overseas is on the pilot program and got assessments completed and passed in July, eligibility, medical, criminal all passed. But haven’t heard anything else since then, no final decisión has been made, is this normal? What is the timeline for the pilot program.

the office VO for her will be mexico. We have submitted our app in April 2021, and i got my PR in June 2023.

if anyone knows, plz.
My understanding is that if you’re in the pilot program, the in-Canada applicant and his/her overseas dependents will get PR about the same time.

You can send IRCC a webform to find out what is causing the delay. Let them know you’re in the pilot program.

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
My understanding is that if you’re in the pilot program, the in-Canada applicant and his/her overseas dependents will get PR about the same time.

You can send IRCC a webform to find out what is causing the delay. Let them know you’re in the pilot program.
Yes, my wife have recieved the program pilot letter. Her process is complete and all the steps are passed. Just we dont know why the desicion hasnt been made.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone.

Best of luck

atimmigrationlaw.com
It’s against the terms of service on this forum up advertise services. All lawyers are able to fill out this basic paperwork. People can also file it on their own to save money.

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
I applied for my PR application with my spouse in December 2020 and received my PR(after 14months) in January 2022.

• my spouse checklist was requested November 2021.
• He didn’t need to submit a biometric since he had already one from his previous application!
• Medical requested on 15th Dec 2022.
• Medical submitted on 20th Dec 2022 ( it’s been 5months)

After submitting his Medical result still there is no news and I know his criminal and security check hasn’t been initiated.
it’s been almost 6months and criminality checks takes more than 3 months so the processing time won’t be in 8-9 months timeline I guess…
It’s really frustrating…
Hello, please could you tell me what documents were required in your spouse checklist?

Carlos Hernandez

Star Member
Jun 20, 2023
I just want to update my case. I became PR on Feb 26 and still waiting for my card.

My Overseas Spouse:

- Received Application on August 04 , 2021.
-Application Started February 21 , 2022.
-FBI Clearance September 8 , 2022.
-Requested forms March 1 , 2023
-Sent Forms March 04 , 2023.
-Requested FBI Clearance again and Police Certificates for all the countries he lived since 18 years old March 06 , 2023.

We are still gathering the police certificates they gave us 60 days but of course we want to do it as soon as possible.

VO New York
Hello, please could you tell me what were Requested forms March 1 , 2023 for your spouse, any additional documents? please