+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
My PR application is in process and I’m currently dating someone on a visitor’s visa. I’ve known this person for years and we’ve decided to do common law. My partner will stay until I get my PR and will extend the visitor’s visa so my partner doesn’t become illegal. My question is, when I do apply for the common law and my partner becomes a PR, would they become a refugee like me and would not be able to go back to home country?
Your dependents (Spouse, Common Law, Children etc) can travel back home country as long as they are not in the asylum process. The person you are dating as common law now did not seek asylum with you therefore they can travel home.

Tels

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hello everyone. I submitted medical for dependents of protected person in June. I have recieved another medical request for spousal sponsorship. Pls what do I do

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello everyone. I submitted medical for dependents of protected person in June. I have recieved another medical request for spousal sponsorship. Pls what do I do
Ask the hospital to submit the report. If you submitted it by yourself, you can as well use webform to send it again or contact IRCC to know where the problem is coming from. .

Reactions: Tels

Meplusyou

Aug 7, 2022
Good morning all, please anybody knows how fast (Dakar) Sénégal office process dependant child application for permanent residency in Canada.

My son is 6 years old medical done already waiting for next step.

Please all information will be appreciated.

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
They asked for proof of relationship other than documentation (pics and communication) we supported the file with money transfer receipts and communications messages and they were accepted as a proof of continuous relation.
Good day,

I was wondering if you have got any response from IRCC after submitting the additional documents?

Cheers

BOB222

Jun 30, 2023
Today at 8:21 PM
Hi, Friends my PR application for protected person is in process. My family living overseas have processes their Biometrics and Police certificate already.I am living in Canada for about 2 years.
My question is do I also have to provide my Police Certificate for my time spent in Canada as main applicant.
Infact, I got an e mail about this but I am confused about this.
Please give your expert opinions.

BOB222

Jun 30, 2023
I applied paper based PR in January 2023 with family who are overseas in Pilot Program.
AOR received in June 2023.Linked my application in July 2023. Family members got their Biometric and PCC done in Aug 2023.
Since then no update...I haven't spent anytime more than 6 months in any other country except my home country.
Do I have to provide them Police Certificate for my stay within Canada?
If someone has provided , please share.

Angel1489

Star Member
Jul 8, 2023
Our timeline looks similar. I submitted application April 2021 and got PR June 2022. Still waiting for my dependent whose file was transferred to Accra Visa office May 2022.

Apart from ADR which was responded to August 2022, no update yet.
hello,

your file was transferred to the visa office and your dependent has biometrics, medical exam and all that requested already?

thanks