+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Still no new update about my family application until now, family applications submitted FEB 2021 with my application, I got the PR Jun 2022, the family application still in process.

Timeline : 45 months unfortunately.

The ecas website down since 3 days ago
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en
Our timeline looks similar. I submitted application April 2021 and got PR June 2022. Still waiting for my dependent whose file was transferred to Accra Visa office May 2022.

Apart from ADR which was responded to August 2022, no update yet.

Reactions: 9999Sam

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019
Our timeline looks similar. I submitted application April 2021 and got PR June 2022. Still waiting for my dependent whose file was transferred to Accra Visa office May 2022.

Apart from ADR which was responded to August 2022, no update yet.
Hopefully we will get a perfect news soon, make sure Canada we never ever left us behind.

May 2023 we got a medical and PCC request. Still security not started yet!!!

Good luck.

allan1985

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
Hey i got my pr through protected person pathways and i included my dependants with my application …. Its been two months since Amman VO asked for info of my dependants and yet no biometrics/ medical anyone here have same situation or have an idea about Amman VO
TIA

Reactions: Dominate

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
Hopefully we will get a perfect news soon, make sure Canada we never ever left us behind.

May 2023 we got a medical and PCC request. Still security not started yet!!!

Good luck.
Good afternoon. Please apart from CAS is there any other way to track the application that is being processed in Ghana. Thank you

9999Sam

Star Member
Sep 23, 2019

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Current situation:
Presently in Canada on a visiting visa. So reunited temporarily with family.

However,
PR application in Accra already got to medical and biometrics stage, all done in June 2023. There has been no correspondence since then.

Applying for open work permit tomorrow.
Presently, I work full remote. So occupation not in harzard.

Should I change my address? Should I have my application transferred to Canada or what happens if one gets a PPR at this point from Accra office? Just a scenario that could happen....any thoughts?

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Current situation:

However,
PR application in Accra already got to medical and biometrics stage, all done in June 2023. There has been no correspondence since then.

Should I change my address? Should I have my application transferred to Canada or what happens if one gets a PPR at this point from Accra office? Just a scenario that could happen....any thoughts?
Congrats on being reunited -even if temporarily but soon you will be together permenantly- I do not have an answer for your question but I wanted to ask you what supporting documents helped your visit visa be approved-as we know with protected persons' dependents it is really rare they are approved for visit- personally we applied twice and rejected. any advice helps, thank you

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Congrats on being reunited -even if temporarily but soon you will be together permenantly- I do not have an answer for your question but I wanted to ask you what supporting documents helped your visit visa be approved-as we know with protected persons' dependents it is really rare they are approved for visit- personally we applied twice and rejected. any advice helps, thank you
It took almost 8months to process. I followed the guidelines suggested by YouTubers who were able to get theirs done as well...to the letter .. 'Hit Submit & Canada' and 'HelpingAll' pages.
I believe it is better to try again for a TRV now, under Dual intent. The chances of getting approved seems to have increased in the past few months.
Best of luck.
And thanks.

Last edited:

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Current situation:

However,

I think you get COPR first before PPR and if you received COPR email when in Canada, all you need to do is send a webform to IRCC and tell them you are in Canada and they will tell you what to do. You will be landed in Canada and your PR will be mailed to the Canada address you provided. In fact the CORP letter will tell you what to do if you are in Canada. YOU CANNOT TRANFER YOU APPLICATION TO CANADA.
Spouses of Canada Permanent Resident or Citizen that have spousal PR application in process can apply for open work permit if they enter Canada with TRV (visit visa) through the new public policy pathway that IRCC recently introduced but I am not sure this pathway can be used by dependent of Protected Person overseas PR who came in to Canada with a visit visa.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I do not know the country you are from but if you are from Nigeria, please go and reapply immediately because IRCC has been issuing visit visa to protected person dependents recently. This is not somebody told me my former room mate wife and 4 children were just issued a visit visa, and I know over 5 other family that are issued and all this is Ontario only.

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Hi,
Current situation:

However,

Hi
I was in the same situation recently. Got the PR portal email during a short visit. email is asking for some details: UCI, last entry..etc.. and there is a question if you are in Canada.
Based on your location it will be a soft landing (throug the portal) or you get the passport request.

Good luck

Reactions: Abtols

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
It took 8
Hi there i just wanted to ask how long did it take you to get the visiting visa to reunite with your family?
It took 8months.
However,
there is a new policy to speed up/grant applications with dual intent. So it's 'now' much easier to get it and timeline is between 4 to 12weeks, depending on your home country.
I also believe there is a portal for it now. Give it a go, why not.

Reactions: selbashir