+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Finally got the good news:

Abudhabi VO
-We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2021.
-We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
-We sent you correspondence on January 31, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have a TRV and visited few times, during my last visit:

-Medical exam and Biometric request May 2023
-Same checklist requested again, generic form, police certificate,, proof of relationship..... etc May 2023
-PR portal email 4th Jul
-PR portal credentials and photo submit 13th Jul
-eCopr: 18th Jul (Soft landing since i was already there)

Hope everyone get the good news soon
Are you a spouse of a protected person?
If you are a spouse of protected person and you are in Canada already on TRV, how did you do Soft landing? did you flag pole or went to IRCC office for an IRCC officer to land you inside Canada?

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
If you are a spouse of protected person and you are in Canada already on TRV, how did you do Soft landing? did you flag pole or went to IRCC office for an IRCC officer to land you inside Canada?
What country processed your application. Is the Accra. Congratulations is in order

Reactions: selbashir

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
-Yes
-When u get the golden email asking for your details (UCI, DOB, etc... there is a question if you are in Canada) i think based on that it will be decided fot soft landing through the portal or passport request through VO abroad.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
-Yes
-When u get the golden email asking for your details (UCI, DOB, etc... there is a question if you are in Canada) i think based on that it will be decided fot soft landing through the portal or passport request through VO abroad.
Ok thanks
Because right now my wife PR application status can only be checked through ECAS because PR application of protected person dependants overseas do not have portal and cannot be check through portal and you cannot also create portal.
Unless your are saying they can create portal after they received their COPR letter.

selbashir

Star Member
Feb 4, 2022
Ok thanks
Because right now my wife PR application status can only be checked through ECAS because PR application of protected person dependants overseas do not have portal and cannot be check through portal and you cannot also create portal.
Unless your are saying they can create portal after they received their COPR letter.
No problem.

Yes. Dependant of protected persons can only check the status on ECAS. It was really difficult as it provide minimum information.

As for IRCC web portals, as per my understanding :
- PORTAL: portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca (Portal for submiting visit visa, study permit, or as recently added: refugee claim) Any one can create account and use)
- PR PORTAL : prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca (You are supposed to use this after PR application is already confirmed, IRCC will send instructions and credentials, even though an already PR person can create account to submit for PRTD or PR card renew. You are encouraged not to create an account here if you are waiting for your PR process as it might create complications later down the road)
-IRCC account or GCKEY login: clegc-gckey.gc.ca (You can use this to create, link to track different applications types)

Regards

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
Finally got the good news:

Abudhabi VO
-We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2021.
-We started processing your application on October 20, 2021.
-We sent you correspondence on January 31, 2022. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I have a TRV and visited few times, during my last visit:

-Medical exam and Biometric request May 2023
-Same checklist requested again, generic form, police certificate,, proof of relationship..... etc May 2023
-PR portal email 4th Jul
-PR portal credentials and photo submit 13th Jul
-eCopr: 18th Jul (Soft landing since i was already there)

Hope everyone get the good news soon
Congratulations to you

Reactions: selbashir

allan1985

Star Member
Aug 6, 2023
I heard about this but I do not believe it applies to people who applied for PR in Canada and their overseas family at the same time.

I guess OYW is something you would need to fill out a separate application for IMM5571

My understanding to our families applications are being exceeding processing time of 23 months since the original submission of application is just a delay.

However, many of my friends in Canada had their families application completed within max of 5-6 months after PA became PR

Visa Offices: London, Abu Dhabi.

At the end there are a lot of differences depending on 1- the applications complexity, 2-how the overseas family application was transferred to the Visa Office ( By the applicant or by the CPC in Mississauga) 3-number of dependents, 4-and it varies from a region to a region (Visa Offices) on how fast they are processing applications.
How about amman visa office
I send most of the required documents back on june 9 and till now nothing….. any idea when they might request medical / biometrics etc

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Hello, my father was accepted as a protected person back in december 2022. He filled out our applications in february 2023. When should I expect to go to Canada?

Abeambolar

Jan 5, 2023
Hello, my father was accepted as a protected person back in december 2022. He filled out our applications in february 2023. When should I expect to go to Canada?
Honestly that's a question no one can answer except God but I know that there are people on this platform who have been waiting for 3years plus and the application is still ongoing. So like I said just keep praying. Secondly on the website, it say 50 months or so

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Honestly that's a question no one can answer except God but I know that there are people on this platform who have been waiting for 3years plus and the application is still ongoing. So like I said just keep praying. Secondly on the website, it say 50 months or so
Isn’t the maximum time 18 months?

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
It’s a difficult question to answer. In a nutshell, nobody knows because there are many factors that are in play. From all indications, your father is still in the process of getting his PR. Until he gets it, processing your application will not start. I will be surprised if you get to Canada earlier than 2026.

I am not scaring you and I pray that your processing becomes faster. All the best.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Thankfully, the processing time has dropped to 45 months. I pray it drops further.