+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

SirMoon

Dec 29, 2022
If you have not already submitted the document they requested from you about your spouse through the ircc webform, you should do that first in my opinion. Also just wanted to add that I probably sent them 6 webforms before being able to link my application lol, and I think it only worked after speaking to an IRCC agent.

In your case I would send another webform with the information im sharing below, this is the response they had sent to me when I sent a webform about issues linking my application:

"Please fill out the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please also add the following information:
  • Any error messages you received. To do this:
    • please include screen shotsshowing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
      • page preceding the error, and
      • error message.
  • All the answers provided while trying to link your application. To do this:
    • once on that page and after entering all your answers, provide us with screen shots.
  • The personal information page of your passport."
Hope this helps!
actually I did and sent to me the something.

Reactions: ref19to22

Obvious

Feb 28, 2023
Hello, please help me with the Schedule 14 form. There is written don’t print and sign anything. But I canT write my name inside this form. What are you doing in this case?

Obvious

Feb 28, 2023
guys, do I need to upload passports for wife and children? I am protected person and am applying for Pr for me and family. Family is not in Canada.

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023
hello, I have a question. I going to submit my refugee claim. they asked me if my child under 18 are willing to claim refugee. they are outside the Canada in my home country. what should I do? should I claim refugee and after pr invite them or I should claim refugee for them too?
You don't need to claim for them, you can add them as dependants, but not claim with you. Ensure all their names appear in your applications and in the correct details then, during your application for PR, you add them.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Is it normal to ask for travel history for overseas dependent since age of 18? And not in the last 10 years it was specifically mentioned.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Is it normal to ask for travel history for overseas dependent since age of 18? And not in the last 10 years it was specifically mentioned.
Normally, there’s a caveat; whichever is more recent. It makes more sense for a young adult in his early to mid twenties to provide travel history since age 18. However, an adult in his forties and above should provide history of the last 10 years.

setiyer

Feb 22, 2022
Hi all,
Any good news for dependents?
Really none of the visa offices are working, so there is no news here? It is really disappointing.

Kam_jr

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Category........
Other
I just want to update my case. I became PR on Feb 26 and still waiting for my card.

My Overseas Spouse:

- Received Application on August 04 , 2021.
-Application Started February 21 , 2022.
-FBI Clearance September 8 , 2022.
-Requested forms March 1 , 2023
-Sent Forms March 04 , 2023.
-Requested FBI Clearance again and Police Certificates for all the countries he lived since 18 years old March 06 , 2023.

We are still gathering the police certificates they gave us 60 days but of course we want to do it as soon as possible.

VO New York

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I have a question, I applied for permanent residency in July 2021, and I am in the decision-making stage. My wife and daughter’s file was sent to a treatment center in France since September 2022, and I asked my lawyer to update me on my wife’s file. He told me that he was unable to access my wife’s information, and I also sent a lot From letters to the processing office in France to find out what is new in my wife’s file, but there is no response. Is this normal, or is there a solution to link my wife’s account and see information?:rolleyes:

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
I have a question, I applied for permanent residency in July 2021, and I am in the decision-making stage. My wife and daughter’s file was sent to a treatment center in France since September 2022, and I asked my lawyer to update me on my wife’s file. He told me that he was unable to access my wife’s information, and I also sent a lot From letters to the processing office in France to find out what is new in my wife’s file, but there is no response. Is this normal, or is there a solution to link my wife’s account and see information?:rolleyes:
Yes it is normal they don’t reply and if they do they say in process. Unfortunately you can’t link their application but you can contact PM in your area for help to update you on their file, they usually help.