+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
Hi Everyone,
Happy holidays!! Please I need an urgent advise ,I submitted my PR application since December 2020 for both my husband and I. July 2021 I got my PR card and was told to send my husband's application to home visa office. It's over a year now that we sent his application ,have involved MP ,requested gcms notes ,even sent mails to the embassy working on his application. They tell us they are working on background check for a whole year. I'm getting so frustrated, we can't even reach Ircc over the phone the line is always busy and can't get to talk to anyone. I'm thinking of canceling the application and applying for Spousal sponsorship as the application is faster. I know few people that sent in their spouse's application earlier this year and they already got approved and medical is done. It seems ours is just abandoned and they are not working on it. Any advise please?

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Happy holidays!! Please I need an urgent advise ,I submitted my PR application since December 2020 for both my husband and I. July 2021 I got my PR card and was told to send my husband's application to home visa office. It's over a year now that we sent his application ,have involved MP ,requested gcms notes ,even sent mails to the embassy working on his application. They tell us they are working on background check for a whole year. I'm getting so frustrated, we can't even reach Ircc over the phone the line is always busy and can't get to talk to anyone. I'm thinking of canceling the application and applying for Spousal sponsorship as the application is faster. I know few people that sent in their spouse's application earlier this year and they already got approved and medical is done. It seems ours is just abandoned and they are not working on it. Any advise please?
I am in the same position as u, I am thinking to sue them.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Anyone pls inform me how long time take for decision made.Medical dine and pre arrival got 1st week Dec
There’s no timeframe. It varies from file to file but you can be rest assured that you’re getting close. In my case, I received pre-arrival about a month to eCoPR. It’s not the same for everybody. Just exercise a little patience. You’re close.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi Everyone,
We’re in the same boat only that I got my PR this June, 2022. IRCC informed me they have sent my husband’s file to the oversea visa office for processing.

The oversea visa office reached out to him in July and demanded some documents and forms which he complied with. Since then, nothing has been heard.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Please don’t withdraw your application and apply for family sponsorship. The background checks are the same so you will just delay approval. If you withdraw and apply for family sponsorship you’ll need to go through the initial sponsorship steps and then have to go through the same background check. You can expect for there to be the same delays because the the same issues will affect the background check for this new application. What is his citizenship? Has he ever been part of the army? Part of any political group? Militant group? Held a senior position in the government? For citizens of some countries there can be significant delays when it comes to sponsorship because Canada lacks a relationship with the country and the country is not very cooperative when providing information to other foreign countries.

Reactions: sohaib1

Tels

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Hi friends, I want to change the address on my application. The Accra VO webform is not going through. What should I do.
N/B I have written to them through email address but have not gotten a reply.

thank you all

omedsyed

Dec 19, 2022
Hi friends, I want to change the address on my application. The Accra VO webform is not going through. What should I do.
N/B I have written to them through email address but have not gotten a reply.

thank you all
Use the web form in ircc website to change your address. It will take sometime to change but they change it.

Reactions: Orlando_Best

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
We’re in the same boat only that I got my PR this June, 2022. IRCC informed me they have sent my husband’s file to the oversea visa office for processing.

The oversea visa office reached out to him in July and demanded some documents and forms which he complied with. Since then, nothing has been heard.
Interesting, mine is over 2years now and still nothing, they are still processing criminal / background checks. I'm so frustrated, does it mean the process can take up to 5years?

Yeto

Apr 20, 2022
Please don’t withdraw your application and apply for family sponsorship. The background checks are the same so you will just delay approval. If you withdraw and apply for family sponsorship you’ll need to go through the initial sponsorship steps and then have to go through the same background check. You can expect for there to be the same delays because the the same issues will affect the background check for this new application. What is his citizenship? Has he ever been part of the army? Part of any political group? Militant group? Held a senior position in the government? For citizens of some countries there can be significant delays when it comes to sponsorship because Canada lacks a relationship with the country and the country is not very cooperative when providing information to other foreign countries.
Thanks for the advise. his not in army or any political group. It's just that the process is taking forever.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Interesting, mine is over 2years now and still nothing, they are still processing criminal / background checks. I'm so frustrated, does it mean the process can take up to 5years?
Did you talk to ircc yet?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Thanks for the advise. his not in army or any political group. It's just that the process is taking forever.
Which office is processing the application?