+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
no medical yet.I asked about they told pending review by officer.How long may take
You have to w8 for medical this is last think don’t worry this year is done everything when your family medical done it’s take maximum 3 to 4 month all this process

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Expect your family at least on January 2023. If delayed, it should not exceed 26 months from your original submission on January 2021

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Applied pr as protected person with family member Jan 2021
I got PR and after 1 year that Jan 2022
Family outside canda application started process Nov 2021.But till now no news.In singapore office. How long may take pls inform me
What do you mean by no news when they have asked for additional documents and have taken your biometrics. The actual thing is that dependent family members’ processing has a one year timeline. It could be more or less depending.

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
What do you mean by no news when they have asked for additional documents and have taken your biometrics. The actual thing is that dependent family members’ processing has a one year timeline. It could be more or less depending.
I believe the one year timeline does not apply here. It should be treated as the principle applicant timeline which falls under 24 months from the original submission in Mississauga. In his/her case, 24 months from January 2021. Sometimes it gets delayed by couple of months depending on the Visa Office processing speed and if the application is well completed.

Last edited:

One-step2020

Sep 24, 2021
I believe the one year timeline does not apply here. It should be treated as the principle applicant timeline which falls under 24 months from the original submission in Mississauga. In his/her case, 24 months from January 2021. Sometimes it gets delayed by couple of months depending on the Visa Office processing speed and if the application is well completed.
My time frame exceeded 24 months; I applied in May 2020 and have heard nothing since Feb. 2022 when they requested medicals

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
My time frame exceeded 24 months; I applied in May 2020 and have heard nothing since Feb. 2022 when they requested medicals
Which visa office? If Turkey, then they do it this way (Once they receive the checklist they request biometrics and medicals) But the process start way after. I have seen people completed their files 6-7 months after medical. You probably better request GCMS notes from CBSA and see what is going on

Last edited:

One-step2020

Sep 24, 2021
Which visa office? If Turkey, then they do it this way (Once they receive the checklist they request biometrics and medicals) But the process start way after. I have seen people completed their files 6-7 months after medical. You probably better request GCMS notes from CBSA and see what is going on
Ankara Visa office, Yes, I requested GCMS but I haven't gotten it yet. Also, I got a reply from the MP ... Security and eligibility have not started yet

Reactions: MOHAMMEDN

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
Ankara Visa office, Yes, I requested GCMS but I haven't gotten it yet. Also, I got a reply from the MP ... Security and eligibility have not started yet
I requested both from IRCC and CBSA. I always get the notes from CBSA which is the same as IRCC. So if you applied from CBSA wait for 30 days from submission then send them a reminder with the temporary tracking number of your GCMS request.

Reactions: One-step2020

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
It's been a year spouse's Application was submitted to Accra office and we have sent in two webforms asking for any information on the application. Replies have been to wait as we would be contacted if there is any need.

Is this still within recent processing time for Accra and if not, what would be the best step to take going forward. Thanks.

Tels

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
It's been a year spouse's Application was submitted to Accra office and we have sent in two webforms asking for any information on the application. Replies have been to wait as we would be contacted if there is any need.

Is this still within recent processing time for Accra and if not, what would be the best step to take going forward. Thanks.
We submitted since Dec 2020 and have not received any correspondence from them. It’s so unfortunate

Reactions: Abtols

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021

Forget Accra visa office if you have a pending PR application in that visa office, my wife submitted her application in February, 2021. And she had not been contacted for anything since then, no biometric, no medical requested, in fact they have not started processing the application, we have written dozen emails and raised dozen webform to Accra visa office nothing, they don't even reply to your mails or webform, if they reply it will be "your application is in queue for review, we don't need any additional documents from you"

Reactions: Abtols

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
We submitted since Dec 2020 and have not received any correspondence from them. It’s so unfortunate
Mine is July 2020 to case processing center in Mississauga, nothing until today