+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Amjad.ADKBK

Dec 20, 2018
Hello everyone
Could you please tell me if any one had the same situation of my application
I’m sponsoring my husband and i got my PR on May 2020
My husband application started on August 2019
Now he finished his medical and security
His process is on the VO of Abu-Dhabi
Now they said that he is ready to finalize his application but they need his resignation of his job and cancellation of his residency in Qatar
does this massage happened to any one and what do you think we have to do

thank you
yes, now they are asking cancellation of his residency it happened to my friend in Saudi Arabia and he send the copy of final exit , that mean he will get PR visa within 30 days maximum because final exit valid for 30 days , anyhow my friend he cancelled the final exit visa when he received his passport just FYI , personally i don't recommend that , it will effect citizenship later .
please don't hesitate to ask if you need any clarification , i am in the same boat ,

VO of Abu-Dhabi application submitted on Jan 2020
per-arrive letter Mar 2020
and still waiting the application in process
regards

Alli647

May 6, 2019
Hello everyone,

Did someone submit passport recently ?
We received an email to submit package includes 2 photo and passport to VFS Islamabad.

Can we submit to VFS LHR ?

refugeewithkids

Jul 24, 2020
Hello everyone!
I received my CoPR very recently and I am sponsoring my husband. Basically what happened is before they sent me the CoPR they sent me a document regarding the sponsorship process for my husband and how he should send in documents for Abu Dhabi’s VO
Please note that application forms for your family members will not be sent by the mission. You or your family members are responsible for obtaining and completing the required application forms for all listed dependants, which must be sent to the visa office in ABU DHABI.”
We already filled out the forms and we got the documents required but the issue is, they didn’t specify where he should send the documents exactly. Can he just send it by mail to the VFS? What is he supposed to do?
Would anyone be kind enough to provide me with an address? (We tried contacting them but no one is replying :( )
*sorry for the long post I’m desperate haha*

Did you receive Approval In Principle letter , was your spouse mentioned in this letter?

Alli647

May 6, 2019
Great news you can submit any VFS pls share your time line

Application submitted: Nov 2019
Additional documents: Nov 2019
Medical : Feb 2020
No further updates in status after medical received only display decision made.
Received an email to submit passport to Islamabad for visa. It may take 4 weeks

Reactions: Emil7

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
That's so cool. It means they working. I hope everyone will get a passport request asap.

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
Did they ask about fingerprints?

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
When we send addition form IMM 5540 through email we need to Sign it and send scan copy of the form? Can anyone help me out

Last edited:

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello everyone, I need advice:

1. My wife and children got the PR inland (Protected Persons). They applied for me with them and I was directed to send some forms and documents to NYC office.
  2. I sent my application and the required document including the police certificate including the country that I live in now (4 years until now)
  3. I received a confirmation email from the CA consulate NYC.​
  4. I need to send another police certificate of one of the countries that I lived in for more than 6 months in the past six years.​

Should I wait and see if they will ask me to send it or should I send it as an additional document before they ask for it?

How long they take until they respond and start the process? in the system, it shows that my process started with my wife's application in July 2018

Many thanks.

Noraalzomor

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hello everyone!
Can someone please provide me the address of Abu Dhabi office?
I read that I am supposed to receive an email from Abu Dhabi visa office but I didn’t? (I received the letter on 7th of August)

Nuug33

Mar 19, 2020
Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
10th Floor Abu Dhabi Trade Tower
West Tower, Abu Dhabi Mall
PO Box 6970
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

Nuug33

Mar 19, 2020
My wife got medical last month and now it's showing medical results Recieved.
The status of the application is Decision Made almost 3 weeks. She didn't hear any things after.
Is this normal processing?

Nuug33

Mar 19, 2020
Hello everyone!
Can someone please provide me the address of Abu Dhabi office?
I read that I am supposed to receive an email from Abu Dhabi visa office but I didn’t? (I received the letter on 7th of August)
Canadian Embassy
Immigration Section
10th Floor Abu Dhabi Trade Tower
West Tower, Abu Dhabi Mall
PO Box 6970
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

Emil7

Star Member
Jan 13, 2018
The status of the application is Decision Made almost 3 weeks. She didn't hear any things after.
Ca
Can you share your wife's timeline please