+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overloaded with confusing information.

The Aussie

Oct 28, 2010
Please help before I end up in the ward with the soft walls

My fiance and I have decided we would like to live in Canada, she is Canadian I'm Australian.
We have been together for 6 years and have 3 kids, 2 with duel (cad-aus) citizenship 1 Australian

We have called the embassy 3 times and been given 3 different answers. We also spoke to an immigration "expert" who took all our information and then said he needs $2800 to take it further.

All I would like to know is

#What visa/s do I need to apply for to move to canada, start a business/work and get my PR/spouse visa

# can I move to and work in Canada under a visa while waiting for PR/spousal visa/s

#What type of visa do I need for my son (2yrs old) who only has aus passport but getting duel citizenship in Canada

Any help would be greatly appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The Aussie said:
#What visa/s do I need to apply for to move to canada, start a business/work and get my PR/spouse visa

# can I move to and work in Canada under a visa while waiting for PR/spousal visa/s

#What type of visa do I need for my son (2yrs old) who only has aus passport but getting duel citizenship in Canada
Your partner needs to sponsor you for PR. Start here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

See if you qualify for an IEC work permit. If not, you will need to find an employer in Canada willing to go through the LMIA process; this is extremely hard to do. In the meantime, you can come to Canada as a visitor while waiting out the PR process.

From what you've said, your child is Canadian. There is no visa to apply for; you need to apply for his Certificate of Citizenship.

The Aussie

Oct 28, 2010
Thank you for your help.

Do you know if there is a way for me to work whilst waiting for the PR? I have purchased a small business but I don't know how much involvement I can have in it.

Again thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
There is no way for you to work unless you get a work permit. You really can't have anything to do with running the business.

Sydney is a fast office. Apply outland now and you will most likely be a PR in 6 months or so.