+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overlapping of Work experience in india and online classes in canada

Dhruv1997

Feb 3, 2020
Hi All,

I am having a doubt for overlapping of work experience in india and having online classes for a university of canada due to COVID-19.

Currently in a job but my online classes are going to start for me in Fall.
These may create problem during visa or anywhere after completion of my masters as i will be a full time employee in india with full time student studying an canadian university course.

Can someone please help me with these query?
These may not be a problem if i was having an indian online course but as it is an canadian course i am quite confused.

Any response ASAP with some hard links are really appreciated as i need to pay my fees soon.
Thanks have a great day!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I am having a doubt for overlapping of work experience in india and having online classes for a university of canada due to COVID-19.

Currently in a job but my online classes are going to start for me in Fall.
These may create problem during visa or anywhere after completion of my masters as i will be a full time employee in india with full time student studying an canadian university course.

Can someone please help me with these query?
These may not be a problem if i was having an indian online course but as it is an canadian course i am quite confused.

Any response ASAP with some hard links are really appreciated as i need to pay my fees soon.
Thanks have a great day!
You won't have issues, you'll be in India not in Canada.

You can't work full time while in Canada, you can do whatever you want in your country.

Dhruv1997

Feb 3, 2020
You won't have issues, you'll be in India not in Canada.

You can't work full time while in Canada, you can do whatever you want in your country.
Thanks for the reply!

Just wanted to ask if in visa they try to ask me why are the two periods of your full time employement and full time student colliding what shall be the appropriate reply?

Or is there anything concrete you can provide as per the canadian rules or so.

Thanks,
Dhruv

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the reply!

Just wanted to ask if in visa they try to ask me why are the two periods of your full time employement and full time student colliding what shall be the appropriate reply?

Or is there anything concrete you can provide as per the canadian rules or so.

Thanks,
Dhruv
They aren't going to ask. Again, as Wolfpmd3 said, you can do whatever you want in your country.

Dhruv1997

Feb 3, 2020
Thanks for huge help!

One last query from my end

Will this experience of mine be counted during PGWP (To inform you about the situation: I have almost 10 and a half months experience and to complete full 1 year i will be doing this job + online study )

In that case, will i get the the 1 year experience points that people usually get?

Again thanks for solving my query before!

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Dhruv

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for huge help!

One last query from my end

Will this experience of mine be counted during PGWP (To inform you about the situation: I have almost 10 and a half months experience and to complete full 1 year i will be doing this job + online study )

In that case, will i get the the 1 year experience points that people usually get?

Again thanks for solving my query before!

Have a great day!

Best Regards,
Dhruv
It should count as foreign work experience as normal.

Dhruv1997

Feb 3, 2020
Some guys are telling me that during PR this will be a big red flag.

Is that true.....as my sole purpose going to canada is PR.

Dhruv1997

Feb 3, 2020
Hi there,

To report the whole problem i have an overlap of online study(Canadian based university : Dalhousie University,NS) which is considered as full time study and full time employement.(Both from india)

I wanted to know if this can cause any problem in PR.
Some guys told be this can cause a red flag.

Relevant answers are very well appreciated.

Dhruv1997

Feb 3, 2020
Hi there,

To report the whole problem i have an overlap of online study(Canadian based university : Dalhousie University,NS) which is considered as full time study and full time employement.(Both from india)

I wanted to know if this can cause any problem in PR.
Some guys told be this can cause a red flag.

Relevant answers are very well appreciated.
Guys anyone here to respond to above query.
Please do.
Thanks!

yashpalraj

Mar 4, 2023
Dhruv, Pankaj, Arvin, I am in the same boat.
It would be great if you could share your experience on this.
Thanks !!