+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overlapping in personal history

csmandeep

Feb 24, 2018
Hello members,

I am about to file my eAPR but little confused about the overlap in the personal history section.

I was working full time from 10:30 to 5:30 and was pursuing my bachelor of law as a full time course during the same duration as it had evening classes.

Will the overlap raise a flag with CIC or both my degree and the work experience will be acceptable.

Thanks in advance

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello members,

I am about to file my eAPR but little confused about the overlap in the personal history section.

I was working full time from 10:30 to 5:30 and was pursuing my bachelor of law as a full time course during the same duration as it had evening classes.

Will the overlap raise a flag with CIC or both my degree and the work experience will be acceptable.

Thanks in advance
Mention your education as part time in file and your experience can be counted.

csmandeep

Feb 24, 2018
Thanks for your reply.

But I want to claim points for both of them.

Can I explain via an LOE stating that we had evening which i attended after office.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

Can I explain via an LOE stating that we had evening which i attended after office.
Overlapping is expected, LOE is not required but no harm doing it for peace of your mind. Your education points and work experience will be assessed separately. You can claim Full time work and Full time study for the same period of time if it is outside Canada and if certain level of education is not mandatory for your claimed work experience! For example, you cannot claim to be a doctor or architect while you were studying it. Otherwise for general occupation you do not need to meet the employment requirement mentioned in the NOC page.

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/federal-skilled-workers/assessing-applications-against-minimum-requirements.html

csmandeep

Feb 24, 2018
Thanks a lot for your quick response.

Even I am if the same view because I have a proper refrence letter from my employer as well a degree certificate from the university.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks for your reply.

Dude, points are same for distance and regular education.
So, you can mention your education as part time and regular job experience.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello members,

Thanks in advance
there is no rule that work and study should not overlap. just put in the correct dates and maybe explain in LOE, although unnecessary.

Reactions: sam3218