+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overall status 'closed' yet background check still in process

Blissace256

Sep 4, 2023
Hello there...I applied for a Canada visit visa in March, yesterday I checked my status tracker and my overall status says ' closed' yet background check is still in process
Both biometrics and eligibility completed
Now am confused why my overall status is closed yet background check is still in process...what could that mean

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hello there...I applied for a Canada visit visa in March, yesterday I checked my status tracker and my overall status says ' closed' yet background check is still in process
Now am confused why my overall status is closed yet background check is still in process...what could that mean
If you haven’t received passport request before it’s been closed then it’s a refusal

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Have you had a similar situation before?
Lol
Of course not.
I have a valid Visa. And after my processing was completed and I have my visa stamped on passport, the Biometric, Eligibility, Medical and Background check on the tracker changed to completed and also the tracker changed to Closed after my collection of passport with visa stamped

Blissace256

Sep 4, 2023
Lol
Of course not.
I have a valid Visa. And after my processing was completed and I have my visa stamped on passport, the Biometric, Eligibility, Medical and Background check on the tracker changed to completed and also the tracker changed to Closed after my collection of passport with visa stamped
Ok....that's cool

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Applied for grandparent visitor
Applied on 18- august
BIL 19-august
DONE Biometric 25 august ( updated same day)
Eligibility in process -1st September
Eligibility completed -4th September
Background in process as of now
Status of application in process

any guesses if this is good response

Mgillanders

Star Member
Jul 16, 2023
1submit a webform for reconsideration based on what you think they obviously missed
2then you want to submit email to that embassy telling them exactly what you stated in your webform
repeat steps every 2 to 3 days process until they respond

imran659

Oct 7, 2023
i have same situation. i done bio matric 24 july and i got 3 email with 24 hours difference.11 september 12th september and 13th september.in first 2 email they said"we sent you a message "and third email they wrote"status change" i dont have access on my GC account and my consultant said its only BVL email.i m worried if he is hidding something from me