+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Over 10k CAD on entry

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hey,

I am planning on landing with arount USD 70,000.

The funds are legitimate, and i can provide payslips from my employer (overseas subcontractor) and bank statement with all the withdrawals for the past year which exceed USD 70,000.

Would that be enough proof at landing? I will of course be declaring the funds

Thanks!

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Hey,

The funds are legitimate, and i can provide payslips from my employer (overseas subcontractor) and bank statement with all the withdrawals for the past year which exceed USD 70,000.

Thanks!
don't try it. it will be seized at the airport and you will have a lot of legal hurdle to jump to get it back.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hey,

Thanks!
Shouldn't be an issue as per the CBSA guidelines. If they have to count it, ask them if it's possible to go to a room to do the counting for privacy.

Why are you carrying it as cash though? It will be safer if you transfer it to some prepaid debit card and bring that.

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
Suggestion - Open an International account with Scotia and wire-transfer the entire sum and maybe keep CAD$1K-2K on your person?

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Suggestion - Open an International account with Scotia and wire-transfer the entire sum and maybe keep CAD$1K-2K on your person?
Shouldn't be an issue as per the CBSA guidelines. If they have to count it, ask them if it's possible to go to a room to do the counting for privacy.

Why are you carrying it as cash though? It will be safer if you transfer it to some prepaid debit card and bring that.
Problem is i live in a place with an economic collapse and literally no one's leaving the money in the banks.. as soon as you get paid you withdraw it and hide it.. using the banks would be risky and transferring now incurs huge fees.. which is why i'm trying to take as much as i can with me.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Problem is i live in a place with an economic collapse and literally no one's leaving the money in the banks.. as soon as you get paid you withdraw it and hide it.. using the banks would be risky and transferring now incurs huge fees.. which is why i'm trying to take as much as i can with me.
Shouldn't be an issue with the CBSA provided you declare and have the documents. Your primary concern would be safety - try to keep it as close as possible and avoid taking it out in public if you can. Also, check your own country's laws on taking out cash. Some countries have restrictions on that.

Reactions: maou556

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
No, it wouldn't be seized. Just need to make declaration.
This is correct. The declaration you need to make is essentially a measure against money laundering/etc. 10k is not really a huge amount in the scheme of things and no one will bat an eye lid.

Reactions: maou556