+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outstanding criminal charge while landing interview

pandaking

May 6, 2017
I just got an email from CIC that my landing interview is scheduled on May. But right now I have an outstanding charge and the court date is on June. What should I do? Will this pending crime affect my landing? Hope anyone who has the same issue or have any idea could answer me plz. Thanks a lot for the help.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
pandaking said:
I just got an email from CIC that my landing interview is scheduled on May. But right now I have an outstanding charge and the court date is on June. What should I do? Will this pending crime affect my landing? Hope anyone who has the same issue or have any idea could answer me plz. Thanks a lot for the help.
You'll be specifically asked if you committed any crime since you applied, so you'll have to say that you have pending charges against you. I don't know what will happen, but I would presume they will wait for the court decision to make their final decision to issue you or not the PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pandaking said:
Typically you can't land with an outstanding charge. But it would depend what that charge is.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
pandaking said:

is the charges in Canada or elsewhere and you have to be 100%honest with ircc when you do landing if your not they can refuse you

pandaking

May 6, 2017
will the immigration refuse me on the landing interview while i have a pending charge?Or they will wait for the decision?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
You need to say what the charge is.but broadly, you won't be allowed to land until it is resolved. Doesn't mean you have to start your app again, just means you probably can't land before your court date if it could affect it. What's the charge?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
The maximum sentence is two years, so you may still be able to land as a PR, BUT you definitely will not be able to land before your court date.

You should inform them of this immediately, and postpone your landing.

If you try to land anyway, you will get in more trouble at the landing when they discover you have been charged. If you lie, then you face losing your PR status at any time when they discover it.

pandaking

May 6, 2017
Thanks so much for ur reply. It is very useful.
But the thing is the crime has been charged for couple days before I got the landing interview letter. At that time I didn't think I can get landing that fast. I thought I could finish my court first. Foolish me. I dun even know I should notify CIC about this. I thought they will be notified by the police anyway. The interview day is just on the coming Tuesday. Will it be too late to notify CIC and reschedule?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
pandaking said:
But the thing is the crime has been charged for couple days before I got the landing interview letter. At that time I didn't think I can get landing that fast. I thought I could finish my court first. Foolish me. I dun even know I should notify CIC about this. I thought they will be notified by the police anyway. The interview day is just on the coming Tuesday. Will it be too late to notify CIC and reschedule?

you have to or they cancel your application

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
pandaking said:
Outland approval letters explicitly say you must inform CIC if anything happens, like you getting charged or convicted of a crime. I suspect inland letters do as well.

You must notify CIC and reschedule if you wish to be a PR. It is better to inform them even a day beforehand than on the day (which itself would be better than lying to them)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
spousalsponsee said:
Outland approval letters explicitly say you must inform CIC if anything happens, like you getting charged or convicted of a crime. I suspect inland letters do as well.

You must notify CIC and reschedule if you wish to be a PR. It is better to inform them even a day beforehand than on the day (which itself would be better than lying to them)

cause if you do not tell them they can in the future or at landing interview reject you

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First thing to do is email IRCC indicating that your circumstances have changed (i.e. pending charges) that’s all. Then, seek lawyer and try to search about this. Also you can call and postponed the interview, you don’t want to get rejected by IRCC. If you have enough time on your landing visa then delay it.
Best of luck

fyfy123

Apr 26, 2017
Please advise how you dealt with your scenario. Did you land with a pending charge? What was the outcome?

Sakshi Arora

May 16, 2016
Hey did you get PR?