+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outslnd pr recection due to spouse not visiting Canada since 2014

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks for your suggestion. Married for 41 years and still all these reasons from IRCC is very frustrating indeed.
Yes, this will be our next option in case my reply to IRCC does not bear the intended results.
It’s not really frustrating. It’s so individuals are ACTUALLY going to be moving back to Canada, and not just getting a PR card for their spouse so as to use that as a way to circumvent getting a visa, and never moving back . The onus is on the wife to prove they are moving back . And they haven’t made any visits in close to ten years ……
The IRCC more than likely is clamping down on individuals saying they’ll move back, go thru the actions of moving , but once they get that PR card, they don’t .
And your wife doesn’t want to see that property in person where you’ll be spending the rest of your lives ?

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hi, I don’t know if you made the intent clear in this case. Your wife not having visited canada for nearly ten years is a red flag for them. Even though you are a genuine couple, the question they have is both of your desire to relocate to canada.

at this stage with the history you provided it wouldn’t seem that way to an officer.

did you attach a letter of explanation stating the exact plan, what you intend to do once you relocate, passive income, owned home, a letter from ur children stating their support. If you bought an off plan property, the sales agreement and a letter from the co owners of the property(ur son or ur daughter or whomsoever) stating that u will be living there.

‘also explain why your wife/you have not visited canada in the past and if the children visited you, attach that evidence of their visits stating that. If you were employed or owned a business in the gcc attach that evidence with your rental/title Deed saying your wife was here with you. If you have/had elderly parents whom needed your attention mention that.

you have some evidence here but you do need to strengthen ur case. Considering your children are citizens who live there they would be the best anchor to establish proper ties here, imo.

what you want to do is convince the officer that YOU BOTH do intend to move.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, thanks for your feedback.
IRCC sent me PFL asking me to show evidence that my wife will accompany me to Canada once my PR is granted.
I am wondering how to prove it. My question is:
1. If my wife is not going to travel then why would she apply for me by spending almost 1500 CAD?
2. I am 69 years retired and my wife is 62 years. We have been living together for 41 years. Why wouldn't we be living together now?

2. IRCC can't expect us to show proof of job offer.

3. We have been sending money in my wife's bank account from time to time. Hence we have quite a good amount deposited in my wife’s Bank Account in Canada. This bank account has same residential address as that if my son's bank address.
4. Our son and daughter-in-law is now writing a letter to IRCC about their desire for us to join them permanently.
5. They have already purchased pre-sale house in BC where we all will live. It will be delivered by end of this year. Even we have contributed towards the initial payment.

CAN YOU THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE THAT I CAN ADD TO MAKE THIS CASE ENEN STRONGER?

THANK YOU.
#1 and #2 aren't evidence. As said, people will sometimes obtain PR with no intention of actually living in Canada. You can certainly include this in your response but keep in mind what you are trying to prove. What you are trying to prove is that both of you will move to Canada to live there once your PR visa is approved.

#3, #4, and #5 are good evidence. I don't know if this is enough to get your application approved. For the letter from your son, make that an affidavit vs. just a letter. Show evidence of the bank tansfers where you have contributed financially to the house you will be living in.

In situations similar to yours where there has been a very long absence from Canada and there is a lack of evidence (or not enough evidence) to show that there is a plan to live in Canada afterwards, several people on this forum have had the Canadian spouse move to Canada immediately, ahead of the application being approved. I expect that's not something you will consider doing.

If you have a house where you are living now that you own, you can show that you are preparing to sell it and have put it on the market or at least engaged an agent and entered into a legal agreement for that individual to represent you.

Otherwise I would say it's really up to you to think of more potential evidence. It's difficult for anyone here to do that since we don't know the details of your life like you do.

Good luck.

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
Here is what I personally showed to IRCC after sponsoring my wife while living outside Canada for 30 years:

1) my Canadian bank account with substantial funds

2) printed internet searches of every-thing from housing to medical clinics to bank branches where we planned to live

3) a Canadian cell phone number in my name

4) flight prices and itineraries printed out to our final destination in Canada

5) evidence that I was planning to bring my car (then in the USA) to Canada

My wife's PR application was approved without fuss. Although this was in 2019.

Reactions: YVR123 and scylla