+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland spouse

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
If the Principle Applicant comes to Canada on Visitor Visa, can I convert the Outland spousal application into Inland? is that allowed?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If the Principle Applicant comes to Canada on Visitor Visa, can I convert the Outland spousal application into Inland? is that allowed?
You cannot convert an outland application to an inland application.

You can continue process of outland application while waiting inside Canada. Make sure you extend visitor status before it expires.
And update IRCC of the address inside Canada.

Or you can not apply outland and wait till you are inside Canada to apply inland. Then after AOR, you can submit an OWP application for an open work permit. I have no idea what is the current processing time (AOR and OWP). There were times that OWP took so long that people received their PR and landed before the OWP had been approved and they were trying to get the processing fee refund.

Reactions: Naturgrl

ishaW

Apr 21, 2023
Hi Guys,

Please guide;

I am planning to travel to the US and Canada (on tourist Visa, which I currently have), and my wife and the new born will both be in the country of residence. I will be in Canada for the next few months. If the PR is approved while I am in Canada, but both my wife and child are in country of residence, would this create any problems? What can I possibly do in this scenario? Will I be able to virtually land in Canada and claim PR status while my wife and kid can travel to Canada after approval and join me there? Your guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys,

Please guide;

I am planning to travel to the US and Canada (on tourist Visa, which I currently have), and my wife and the new born will both be in the country of residence. I will be in Canada for the next few months. If the PR is approved while I am in Canada, but both my wife and child are in country of residence, would this create any problems? What can I possibly do in this scenario? Will I be able to virtually land in Canada and claim PR status while my wife and kid can travel to Canada after approval and join me there? Your guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,
Wrong section of the forum. Post under Express Entry

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ok, my bad. thanks.
My situation felt the same as the first thread on this forum.
It's not. The first post is asking about an inland spousal sponsorship application. This is very different from an economic immigration application.

Reactions: YVR123