+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal sponsorship

Heaven20

Sep 2, 2023
Hello everyone,

My name is Heaven, I am new to this platform and I need help.

I will like an advice on how I can apply for an outland spousal sponsorship for my husband.

I am a Canadian citizen and based in Canada. I got married to my London based husband in May 2023 and we have twin daughters together. During our courtship, my husband applied for student visa twice and was rejected on both occasions and was eventually banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. I want to bring him to Canada, and I am thinking of doing the sponsorship application by myself, and I am wondering if anyone has an experience with filling this kind of application or do I need to use an attorney. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I will like an advice on how I can apply for an outland spousal sponsorship for my husband.

I am a Canadian citizen and based in Canada. I got married to my London based husband in May 2023 and we have twin daughters together. During our courtship, my husband applied for student visa twice and was rejected on both occasions and was eventually banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. I want to bring him to Canada, and I am thinking of doing the sponsorship application by myself, and I am wondering if anyone has an experience with filling this kind of application or do I need to use an attorney. Thank you.
When was he banned? When does the 5 year ban end? You won't be able to sponsor him for PR until the 5 year ban has ended.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for you reply. He was banned in 2018, and the ban officially ended in July 2023.
Then you are good to submit the sponsorship application now. You don't need a lawyer. When you submit the application, you need to make sure he declares the two refusals and the misrepresentation ban, as well as any other refusals he may have to other countries. Just follow the instructions here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Heaven20

Sep 2, 2023

banana4527

Oct 11, 2015
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Hello everyone,

congratulations to both of you