+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Hardikgillo3

May 24, 2021
I am PR of Canada and I applied my outland spousal sponsorship application in July 2020. I am still waiting for her biometrics request. My question is Can I leave canada for a few months while the application is still under process. She’s in India right-now and we haven’t meet since 2 years. Any suggestions?

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
U know the official answer - sponsor had to be in Canada during the application process but there is no harm in visiting her for a few weeks (3/4) sounds reasonable. But as per current travel restrictions u may find difficulty in coming back (at least as of today u need to fly via ‘indirect’ route.

personally speaking bro, 2yrs is a LONG time. I would go n meet for3-4 weeks considering latest news updates. Cheers!

btw, I have met my wife during the process for3 weeks in dubai. No harm done there.

Hardikgillo3

May 24, 2021
U know the official answer - sponsor had to be in Canada during the application process but there is no harm in visiting her for a few weeks (3/4) sounds reasonable. But as per current travel restrictions u may find difficulty in coming back (at least as of today u need to fly via ‘indirect’ route.

personally speaking bro, 2yrs is a LONG time. I would go n meet for3-4 weeks considering latest news updates. Cheers!

btw, I have met my wife during the process for3 weeks in dubai. No harm done there.
But I Called CIC and they said it has been 11 months since you have apply and you got your sponsorship letter to so there will be no impact on my file. I ask them for written confirmation but they said they don’t give anything in written. Now I don’t know what to listen.

akreviews

Jun 21, 2017
Bud, its simple. Go and meet your wife - if you are OK with the uncertainty of making it back to Canada.