+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland spousal sponsorship

sam406

Jan 14, 2018
Hello,
I am a Canadian PR residing in Canada and wants to sponsor my spouse who lives in the US.
I was preparing the application documents and was filing out IMM 5406.
I am in a little confusion regarding filling out this form, as it states that the principal applicant, their spouse and dependent children need to fill out each of their copy of this form.
So, my questions is:
- Form 1 will need to be filled out by my spouse (as an applicant) and my details will be added under (spouse) tab in section A, including the details of my spouse’s parents and siblings in the same form right?
- The second copy of the form will need to be filled out by me (as an applicant) and my spouse’s details will be added under (spouse) tab in section A, including the details of my parents and siblings.
This form is a little confusing to me and any help in regards to it will be really appreciated.

Thank you!

takitfree

Star Member
Nov 2, 2019
IM5604 Must be completed by the Applicant. You are the Sponsor and you do not need to complete one for yourself.

If your wife has any children over the age of 18 they also need to complete a separate IM5604 whether they are accompanying her or not.