+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland spousal sponsorship

Wolfghast

Jul 22, 2018
Hi there,

I've been with my partner for over 3 years now & married for 5 months. We're in the process of sorting through the documents needed for spousal sponsorship, but are feeling rather overwhelmed and finding ourselves being sent in loops on the official government site. I was wondering if we could get some feedback on the new biometric request. I live in France currently and there seems to only be one place that does it and it's in Paris www.fingerprintsparis.com (9 hours away from me). How do I go about sending this on afterwards, is it done automatically or do I have to send them on myself with the actual sponsorship application?

Do I need a biometrics instruction letter before going to the CVAC to get my biometrics taken, and if so, how do I go about getting a BIL?

The medical exam they say you need to take at a certain point, is that done at any doctors or is it going to be a place they specify (please tell me it's not in Canada).

Do the two required photos need to be cut so that they're separate from each other or should they be left together?

Can I send my application package online, via pdf files, or do I need to print and send via mail?

Many thanks in advance.
John

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Nobody knows for sure yet how it’s going to work with the biometrics. If they will be required upfront along with the application then I guess the document checklist will be changed too and they will put instructions on the basic guide on how to get it done. If there won’t be any changed to the document checklist by July 31st it would mean that they will request them later on in process (most likely) and will send a letter with instructions to principal applicants.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1.) biometric is NOT currently a requirement in the Sponsorship Checklist and not required from applicant, until its added to the checklist, maybe after July 31st 2018......it may apply to applications received by IRCC after July 31.

Facts about biometrics

Biometrics

If there is no biometric service available where you live, you will have to find the location closest to you.

Find a visa application centre

2.) Upfront Medical Exam is not accepted for spousal sponsorship.....you will be sent instructions later in the process on medical exam....refer....spousal sponsorship checklist.....Part B....Supporting Documents for Sponsored Persons..,..6....Medical Examination.

3.) The two required photos need to be cut so that they're separate from each other.....and they should meet the IRCC PR photo specifications.

refer.....Permanent resident photos

4.) Your spousal sponsorship application package (forms and all supporting documents) must be sent by mail or courier......for mailing or courier address.....refer....Spousal Sponsorship Checklist......Part A.....Sponsored Persons......5......Class of Application

Reactions: smallcoffee

Wolfghast

Jul 22, 2018
Appreciate both responses.

1) I don't think there's anyway we could've gotten ours done before the 31st so Biometrics will definitely apply to us. The "location closest to you" link when searching for France shows up the website for France VAC. Who have multiple times told me they only accept the fingerprints/visa applications and don't actually take the fingerprints themselves.

2) Well aware it's not supposed to be done in advance to being asked. Was curious about anyone having gone through this and in their experience if they were told where to go for the medical or if it was up to their own discretion.

3) should I keep the white border around the photo or cut that off directly down to the dimensions required?

limonade

Jul 20, 2018
Appreciate both responses.

1) I don't think there's anyway we could've gotten ours done before the 31st so Biometrics will definitely apply to us. The "location closest to you" link when searching for France shows up the website for France VAC. Who have multiple times told me they only accept the fingerprints/visa applications and don't actually take the fingerprints themselves.

2) Well aware it's not supposed to be done in advance to being asked. Was curious about anyone having gone through this and in their experience if they were told where to go for the medical or if it was up to their own discretion.

3) should I keep the white border around the photo or cut that off directly down to the dimensions required?
The guides are very clear only approved doctors complete the medical and you will have to lay out of pocket. The guide is quite comprehensive and answers how to fill out each part of the application question by question. It explains your photos, medicals, documents required etc.