+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship - London (UK) Visa Office

sai23

Star Member
Jul 15, 2023
Hi.... Please help me
I'm from Pakistan and I got married with candian citizen 17 Jun 2023 and I want to apply for the spousel sponsorship my wife is not working in Canada living family she don't have bank blnc she is living with me in Pakistan she is passport holder she wants to live with me untill fainl decision.
Please visit the website to apply
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

Ebuka91

Star Member
Nov 30, 2022
Canada/UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2023
Hi Chrispres,

We applied at the end of December 2022, but the eligibility process has not yet begun, and the background check is still in progress.
we applied in Dec 2022 as well. Eligibility has been in progress since July 20th, no word since then. London is out office too, PA is in UAE. Any progress for you yet?

Morin54

Aug 16, 2023
The Outland sponsorship process will allow your spouse or partner to leave the country and return to Canada as a visitor while the application is being processed. This process has a quicker processing time than the inland one.
Valero Credit Card Login

Last edited:

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi everyone, i wanted to share my timeline and get your feedback.

Applied for Spousal Sponsorship November 14th 2022. (Principal Applicant was residing in Qatar at the time and my spouse, the sponsor is in QUEBEC.)
We were assigned London Office.

As of today, August 16th:
- CSQ Approved
- Eligibility Approved
- Background Check Completed
- Medical exam done last week and forwarded to IRCC this morning.
- Pre-Arrival letter received 11th August.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, as I read on another thread that Quebec is taking long even when you've checked off all the steps...but I believe I'm close to the finish line right ?

Goodluck to us all..

Nov 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I would like to share my timeline. If anyone has similar/close timeline, please let me know your update.

Sponsor: PR- Toronto
Principle Appplicant: in Yemen
Applied online: Oct 31, 2022
AoR: Jan 11, 2023
Sponsor eligiability passed: Jan 19, 2023. They also let me know that application forwarded to London Office
Biometric request received: Jan 19, 2023
Biometric completed: Jan 29, 2023
Medical request: Mar 8, 2023
Medical passed: Mar 26, 2023
Background verification: in progress since Mar 26, 2023. I request the ATIP and says criminality passed, but portal shows in progress
Eligibility: Not started

Based on some folks here between 9-10 months from submission date, we should get CoPR. If anyone has similar status and got some updates, please let me know.

Thanks

Nov 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

We applied September 15, 2022
Is anyone still waiting for a response about eligibility or background check?
Concerned that we haven't heard anything since March 2023.
Thank you for your feedback.
Same here. I applied in Oct 30, 2022 and since March 26, 2023 background is in progress and eligibility not started yet. I requested ATIP and says criminlity passed but portal shows in progress. I tried to reach out to them via webform and we kept getting auto reply. Any idea what other ways we can get to them and ask about status update?

Thanks

Abe2

Star Member
Aug 7, 2016
we applied in Dec 2022 as well. Eligibility has been in progress since July 20th, no word since then. London is out office too, PA is in UAE. Any progress for you yet?
No progress, Eligibility has not yet started.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Greetings,

My in laws are requested to submit passports. They are in British citizen and now are in the UK. As per the letter we were requested to upload online the copies of the received letter, filled Appendix A form and copies of passport. Moreover, we were asked to submit the recent photos via mail/courier.

To those who have done it, how did you manage to do.

My understanding is,

• As there is no place to upload the needed copies, we can email them?? and
  • They asked to mail but not specified where, my understanding is we need to mail the photographs to high commission at Immigration Section – London
    High Commission of Canada
    Canada House, Trafalgar Square, London SW1Y 5BJ
Any lead on this will be highly appreciated.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Yes LVO. Passport submitted to VFS Dubai to IRCC AUH. Took 1 month to return
Passport submitted 3.5 weeks ago. It has not been returned yet and VFS told me it is still in process as of today. No update on tracker so not sure what is going on?
Question to you both, are you visa exempted? If yes, you submitted passport at VFS, in addition to uploading scan copy of the passport?

roxzcan

May 16, 2023
Hi guys,

my time line as follows; Dont know what to do. got the pre-arrival, no update since. sent couple of webforms, but no response. any advice.

Sponsor: PR- Ontatio
PA: UAE
Applied online: Nov 9, 2022
AoR: Jan 23, 2023
Sponsor eligibility passed: Feb 10, 2023. File moved to LVO
VO : London
Biometric request received: Feb 18, 2023
Biometric completed: Mar 3, 2023
Medical request: May 16, 2023 (remedical – First medical done with sponsor during pr process (unaccompanied spouse)
Medical passed: May 19, 2023
Eligibility: Completed on 14th April 2023

Pre-arrival received on 14th April 2023
Background verification: in progress since May 19, 2023. (NA in GC key, Inprogress in Tracker)

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hi Everyone,

All Stages on my PR tracker are showing "completed", I received Pre-arrival letter 2 weeks ago and on my GCkey account it says Medical passed since August 18th.

I applied November 14th 2022.

Any idea if I should receive eCOPR and PPR soon ?

Its been 2 weeks almost since everything showed as completed on my account.

Reactions: ERCAN

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi Everyone,

All Stages on my PR tracker are showing "completed", I received Pre-arrival letter 2 weeks ago and on my GCkey account it says Medical passed since August 18th.

I applied November 14th 2022.

Any idea if I should receive eCOPR and PPR soon ?

Its been 2 weeks almost since everything showed as completed on my account.
Glad to see that Quebec applications are moving. However, it's hard to say about PPR right now for anyone with QC as destination. I hope you'll be lucky one to be included in the quotas. I hope the same for myself :)

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Glad to see that Quebec applications are moving. However, it's hard to say about PPR right now for anyone with QC as destination. I hope you'll be lucky one to be included in the quotas. I hope the same for myself :)
You are right. I just email IRCC to get some clarification on this and this is what they replied:

We have received your enquiry regarding the status of your application.

Under the Canada-Quebec Accord, which came into force in 1991, Quebec establishes its own immigration levels and maintains sole responsibility for the selection of most immigrants destined for the province.
Family class programs are managed on a national basis. IRCC sets operational targets in line with MIFI’s Levels Plan, regardless of the inventory. As a result, admissions are limited to the number of spaces set by Quebec in any given year, which may result in longer processing times due to a higher volume of applicants than can be accommodated by Quebec’s established annual levels.
Under the Accord, the Québec government has the responsibility for determining and applying the financial criteria for sponsorship agreements in that province.

While Quebec sets its own immigration levels, IRCC remains responsible for determining Canada’s overall Immigration Levels Plan. The federal government also oversees and enforces the admissibility requirements of all immigrants into the country.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to continue processing your application at this time, and thank you for your patience and understanding while waiting to hear from us regarding next steps.

Honestly I'm disappointed, I was really hopefully that this hell would be over soon and i could finally start my life with my husband but it seems like Quebec has other plans...I wonder on what basis do they grant permanent residency to applicants. Because keeping loved ones apart is unjustifiable.

• Sad
Reactions: ERCAN

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
You are right. I just email IRCC to get some clarification on this and this is what they replied:

We have received your enquiry regarding the status of your application.

Under the Canada-Quebec Accord, which came into force in 1991, Quebec establishes its own immigration levels and maintains sole responsibility for the selection of most immigrants destined for the province.
Family class programs are managed on a national basis. IRCC sets operational targets in line with MIFI’s Levels Plan, regardless of the inventory. As a result, admissions are limited to the number of spaces set by Quebec in any given year, which may result in longer processing times due to a higher volume of applicants than can be accommodated by Quebec’s established annual levels.
Under the Accord, the Québec government has the responsibility for determining and applying the financial criteria for sponsorship agreements in that province.

While Quebec sets its own immigration levels, IRCC remains responsible for determining Canada’s overall Immigration Levels Plan. The federal government also oversees and enforces the admissibility requirements of all immigrants into the country.

Unfortunately, we are not in a position to continue processing your application at this time, and thank you for your patience and understanding while waiting to hear from us regarding next steps.

Honestly I'm disappointed, I was really hopefully that this hell would be over soon and i could finally start my life with my husband but it seems like Quebec has other plans...I wonder on what basis do they grant permanent residency to applicants. Because keeping loved ones apart is unjustifiable.
Interesting that they have replied with such details. I see it as a clear indication that feds started to divert the blame towards Quebec. I guess your husband may try to complain to his local Quebec MPs. I doubt the effectiveness of this measure but who knows...