+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship by Canadian Citizens living abroad ***2020***

Octopodes

Sep 1, 2014
This thread has been created to track the experience of those doing Outland Spousal Sponsorship, where the sponsor is a Canadian citizen and living abroad with the PA. It appears as if applicants falling under this category are not getting any AOR at the moment.
I am a 27 July 2020 applicant, living abroad with my Canadian wife.

Last edited:

britt_a

Nov 29, 2019
I'll follow along, although unfortunately my Canadian partner has just recently had to leave as her Australian visa expired.
We were feeling so lucky to have been able to wait together, but of course we didn't anticipate processing to take so long! I'm a January 2020 applicant, so it will be a couple of months before I can join her back in Canada.

Best of luck with your AOR, what a shame you haven't received it yet.

Reactions: Octopodes

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
October 2020 application, currently living in Texas. I'm the Canadian citizen.

US wife of 20+ years, and our three US kids -- I've sponsored the whole gang for PR. I was born abroad, as were the kids, so none of them are citizens. :-(

Judging from the spreadsheet, anything less than five months for the AOR will be considered a major victory...

Reactions: canuck78

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Just mailed mine, Nov 2020 applicant. My husband (Canadian citizen) and I are both living and working in Singapore. Does it take longer for such applications? Ie Canadian sponsor is living abroad with PA.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just mailed mine, Nov 2020 applicant. My husband (Canadian citizen) and I are both living and working in Singapore. Does it take longer for such applications? Ie Canadian sponsor is living abroad with PA.
Doesn't take longer for Cdn sponsor abroad as far as I'm aware. Of course there may be edge or unusual cases, but shouldn't think Canadian working in singapore is unusual.

Reactions: jkjy