Submitted in EE profile 8.5
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
Hello folks,

I applied for a family class sponsorship visa for my wife from Bangladesh. While the PR application was in process we also applied for a visitor visa for her that was approved and she is currently in canada with me. Can we request for the application to be an inland one since she is here now? If the PR application is approved within the period of her visitors visa, can she get her COPR from here or will she need to go back to Bangladesh before returning on an immigrant visa? Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello folks,

I applied for a family class sponsorship visa for my wife from Bangladesh. While the PR application was in process we also applied for a visitor visa for her that was approved and she is currently in canada with me. Can we request for the application to be an inland one since she is here now? If the PR application is approved within the period of her visitors visa, can she get her COPR from here or will she need to go back to Bangladesh before returning on an immigrant visa? Thanks in advance
You cannot convert it to inland. Would have to start over by withdrawing and re-applying - probably a waste.

Advise IRCC of change of address for your spouse, and they can do the landing (receipt of COPR) in Canada when the time comes. Right now IRCC is doing this in a virtual landing process (computers.)

If it's not ready as the time to end of her visitor status comes, she can apply to extend it. Best to do so 30 days or so before.

kailashnadh9

Jun 22, 2021
Hello folks,

@m_dewan33 , are you able to convert your Outland application to inland application? I’m in the same situation. What are the steps you followed? And can you please share your experience?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@m_dewan33 , are you able to convert your Outland application to inland application? I’m in the same situation. What are the steps you followed? And can you please share your experience?
You can't "convert" the application from outland to inland. If you want to switch to an inland application, you need to withdraw the outland application and submit a brand new application inland (processing times will restart from scratch). The alternative is to leave your application as outland.Your spouse can remain here while the outland application is processed but should ensure they keep their status valid.

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
I didn’t convert it. I just informed them via the case specific enquiry form that my spouse is in Canada. And they allowed us to do the PR Landing online from within Canada

kailashnadh9

Jun 22, 2021
I didn’t convert it. I just informed them via the case specific enquiry form that my spouse is in Canada. And they allowed us to do the PR Landing online from within Canada
@m_dewan33 Thank you for replying. So you just changed the address of the primary applicant to Canadian address using web form and IRCC sent you PR portal credentials instead of sending PPR? and also where did you do your medicals? Is it in Canada or in PA home country?

m_dewan33

May 2, 2014
NL, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE 03/01/2015
Nomination.....
ITA 27/03/2015
AOR Received.
16/05/2015
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passed 05/05/2015
Passport Req..
13/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
23/10/2015
@m_dewan33 Thank you for replying. So you just changed the address of the primary applicant to Canadian address using web form and IRCC sent you PR portal credentials instead of sending PPR? and also where did you do your medicals? Is it in Canada or in PA home country?
Yes. And in home country

monster999

Sep 18, 2022
Hi I am canadian PR and my wife is from Pakistan and I applied for outland online in September 2022 for which I have received AOR and SA but no medical and file has been sent to London VO that is notoriously slow. Meanwhile, My wife got her TRV approved and she will travel with me in April 2023. Given the terrible wait times, do you think I cancel the outland and apply inland in April 2023. This way hopefully I will have PR by the end of 2023 or sooner. While the outland applications for london can take 2 years and I might be getting PR in september 2024. Not sure what to do?
Will it raise any suspicions on my case if I go through. Also I am a bit scared if my wife becomes pregnant on visitor visa, I will have no coverage for delivery.

thanks

Fred King

Mar 15, 2023
You cannot convert it to inland. Would have to start over by withdrawing and re-applying - probably a waste.

Advise IRCC of change of address for your spouse, and they can do the landing (receipt of COPR) in Canada when the time comes. Right now IRCC is doing this in a virtual landing process (computers.)

If it's not ready as the time to end of her visitor status comes, she can apply to extend it. Best to do so 30 days or so before.
Dear friends , Please I need your valuable advise. I applied for spouse sponsorship in October 2022 and I have completed eligibility, medicals and biometrics, pending is BC. London VO used to be slow as per previous comments. I have just received my visit visa. I wanted to ask please:
1) Is it possible to wait for my PR in Canada ?If I travel to Canada and change my address will it take more time for the pr process?
2) If I travel I don't change the address and after some time I come back to my country and continue to wait
3) If I travel I don't change my address I wait and when the PPR comes, I go back to my country and submit my passport

Please advise the best option someone with visit visa usually does.

Thank you very much

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Dear friends , Please I need your valuable advise. I applied for spouse sponsorship in October 2022 and I have completed eligibility, medicals and biometrics, pending is BC. London VO used to be slow as per previous comments. I have just received my visit visa. I wanted to ask please:
1) Is it possible to wait for my PR in Canada ?If I travel to Canada and change my address will it take more time for the pr process?
2) If I travel I don't change the address and after some time I come back to my country and continue to wait
3) If I travel I don't change my address I wait and when the PPR comes, I go back to my country and submit my passport

Please advise the best option someone with visit visa usually does.

Thank you very much
I don't think there is any considerable differences in your options.
1. You can wait on a visitor visa. Just apply for OWP in case background processing will be delayed. Otherwise you'll need to leave in 6 month.
Notifying IRCC that you are in Canada will likely have minimal impact on the time required to process.
2, You can do that as well, it probably won't have any effect the processing time. It's just that PPR can arrive while you are in Canada and then you'll have to advise them on your location, then wait until they arrange you a virtual landing.
3. That's just a waste of time and money.

Just go with 1 if you are willing to relocate right away and just finish the landing when times come. If you need or want to go back and forth between Countries then just wait and act when the PPR comes..

Fred King

Mar 15, 2023
I don't think there is any considerable differences in your options.
1. You can wait on a visitor visa. Just apply for OWP in case background processing will be delayed. Otherwise you'll need to leave in 6 month.
Notifying IRCC that you are in Canada will likely have minimal impact on the time required to process.
2, You can do that as well, it probably won't have any effect the processing time. It's just that PPR can arrive while you are in Canada and then you'll have to advise them on your location, then wait until they arrange you a virtual landing.
3. That's just a waste of time and money.

Just go with 1 if you are willing to relocate right away and just finish the landing when times come. If you need or want to go back and forth between Countries then just wait and act when the PPR comes..
Thank you very much for the reply and your valuable comments. I appreciate

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
Hello my husband have the same situation. hes already in canada throught the visitation visa. He can do the inland PR through online in Canada? i thought he have to go back to MOrocco and go through immigration in the airport. i hope he dont need to go back and can do it in Canada. please advise.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello my husband have the same situation. hes already in canada throught the visitation visa. He can do the inland PR through online in Canada? i thought he have to go back to MOrocco and go through immigration in the airport. i hope he dont need to go back and can do it in Canada. please advise.
Has he already applied or not? If he has, he should update his address with IRCC to in-Canada, and when he gets passport request, he will either get invitation to do in-Canada virtual landing or instructions on how to tell them to do the in-Canada landing.

If he's not applied yet, then yes, he can apply in Canada.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
Has he already applied or not? If he has, he should update his address with IRCC to in-Canada, and when he gets passport request, he will either get invitation to do in-Canada virtual landing or instructions on how to tell them to do the in-Canada landing.

If he's not applied yet, then yes, he can apply in Canada.
He's already in canada through visitation visa. why he need passport request?? hes visitation visa expired in 2027. we are doing outland sponser and he have his interviewed last tuesday November 14.2023 in Morocco. he just went back there October 25th and will coming back this Friday. my question is if he's approve for PR does he needs to go back to morocco through immigration. or he can do it here in canada since he's here. He recieved his pre arrival letter in email. does this mean he will be approved and how long he still needs to wait for approval. thanks