+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

outland sponsorship

Hell7077

Jun 16, 2015
hello guys,
could you please help me out ?
i am a permanent residence of canada(Non Citizens). i have sponsor my spouse under family class.
cic has emailed me that i am eligible for sponsoring my spouse. my spouse(Principal Applicant) file has been transferred to new delhi visa office. its under processing. Now the current status is showing background check is in process. I am hoping that my spouse will get the PPR by the end of Jan 2019.
So my question is can i move back to my home country in October 2018 and returned back to canada with my spouse after receiving the visa ? Because at that time i have to be in my home country for some family functions. or i have to forcefully live in canada until my spouse get the visa?
Your suggestion and feedback will be much appreciated.
Thank You.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello guys,
could you please help me out ?
i am a permanent residence of canada(Non Citizens). i have sponsor my spouse under family class.
cic has emailed me that i am eligible for sponsoring my spouse. my spouse(Principal Applicant) file has been transferred to new delhi visa office. its under processing. Now the current status is showing background check is in process. I am hoping that my spouse will get the PPR by the end of Jan 2019.
So my question is can i move back to my home country in October 2018 and returned back to canada with my spouse after receiving the visa ? Because at that time i have to be in my home country for some family functions. or i have to forcefully live in canada until my spouse get the visa?
Your suggestion and feedback will be much appreciated.
Thank You.
No - you can't. You can take short (2-3 week) trips from time to time. However it's mandatory that you live in Canada until the PR application is approved. Only citizens are allowed to live outside of Canada while sponsoring a spouse. If you decide to leave Canada, you will put your application in serious risk of being refused for non-residency.

Harvey0880

Jul 7, 2018
I got few questions myself. Would be really appreciated if anyone could shine some light on it.

Residing in vancouver right now and will be filing outland next week. I've lived in kenya for a year and a half before coming to canada. Is it possible for me to have the processing done in Kenya rather than my home country?
If yes, does it prolong the process by any way?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I got few questions myself. Would be really appreciated if anyone could shine some light on it.

Residing in vancouver right now and will be filing outland next week. I've lived in kenya for a year and a half before coming to canada. Is it possible for me to have the processing done in Kenya rather than my home country?
If yes, does it prolong the process by any way?
Others can correct me but as far as I know you cannot select where your application is processed. Processing time still quoted as 12 months average wherever processed, could be shorter could be longer depending on each case.