File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think it's unfortunately very unlikely the visitor visa will be refused. It won't harm your PR application to try - but I think the chances of success are probably low.

M

mikeymyke

I wonder if it will be even harder to be approved a TRV if the applicant has a pending interview? Does CIC even check for that when deciding to approve a TRV?

When you guys get your GCMS notes, please share with us what happened.

M

mikeymyke

Seems like a common theme for Vietnamese applicants.

My wife told me she went on a Vietnamese forum and said there's a woman who has a child with a Canadian, sent her passport to SVO, but then got passport back with interview letter. Why is this only happening to Vietnamese applicants? I don't know of any other countries whose applicants got interview after PPR + In Process

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Received interview letter October 8, 2014
Nomination.....
Ecas now reads application recieved October 14, 2014, from In Process
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
1st medical sent with sponsorship application
Med's Done....
2nd medical request July 15, 2014
Interview........
Interview date has not been given yet.
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014, return October 14, 2014
Hey Mikeymyke,

“Why is this only happening to Vietnamese applicants?”

My guess is that there are probably too many marriages of convenience out of these areas. Only way to slow down the exit strategy from most of these file is put them on interview queue. It's a bad mouse trap, it's CIC way of slowing things down.

It's quite unfortunate and sad that it is easier to get into Canada fraudulently by marriage of convenience than it is to submit your sponsorship file through the proper channel. Most fraudulent case, when file properly, the applicant is in the country in less than a year. Legitimate one has to wait for an interview before they are further review for processing. The system is obviously broken when fraudulent case takes priority over legitimate ones. There are many such cases on this forum.

Over the weekend, we gave some thought into a travel visa, but at the end of our conversation we think there is no point in trying the backdoor strategy. We were flag on our sponsorship application with an interview queue in waiting, so I am sure these sign will flash up on the CIC computer when they are processing our travel visa.

The wording to us was pretty clear on the CIC letter.

“Please be advised that applications which require interview fall outside normal processing standards. The current queue for an interview is approximately 24 months. While your
Application is awaiting interview, we will not accept, respond to, or attach to your file any correspondence, except: change of address or contact information, including change of
e-mail address; change of immigration representative; change of marital status or family composition; request for withdrawal of your application.”

We are just going have to play it out and be content with the cards we are dealt with at this point. Although I am very angry, there is not much we can do other than to wait for the interview date.

I have written to my MMP, they are useless at this point. They won't be able to do much for us because we are still within normal processing time fame relative to the area of sponsorship.

I have order the notes. I'll post the finding once I have received the result of the report.

M

mikeymyke

Yes please tell us the results of your notes. I"m very curious as well. Unfortunately, I asked the other 3 people who got interview after PPR what their GCMS notes read, but none of them have ordered them yet. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, I never thought I needed to until I saw 2 people in the same week from Vietnam getting interveiw after PPR, because I always thought In Process + PPR = visa.

I hope we don't get interview too, but we're very fortunate to at least have the multiple entry TRV that we can use.

What are your plans now Vietnam2013? Do you plan on renting out your house and go live with your wife for half the year or so?

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
“What are your plans now Vietnam2013? Do you plan on renting out your house and go live with your wife for half the year or so?”

Hey Mikeymyke,

My only option at this point is to continue and play my lottery number and hope the jackpot comes in. There are no other options on the table for me, but to wait for the interview and move forward from that point.

My career is in Canada. My life is in Canada. My future is in Canada. My financial life line is all here, so I can not just pack up and go. Let just say I would not trade my life in Canada for all the fish sauce in Vietnam.
:D

M

mikeymyke

Something I want to ask you guys who have interview, were your documents prepared by a lawyer?

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
“I think that's great you're keeping your spirits high while going through this ordeal.”

Hey mikeymyke,

We got the exact same love letter. :eek:

I am trying to stay positive. I wouldn't exactly call it being in high spirited at this point. I am just 2 tequila and 3 beers short of putting a flame thrower through those offices. :mad:

Yea it's pretty sad when you have another human being who doesn't know you or anything about your life gets to take their time for a period of up to 2 years to decide your faith as well as your partner on a bunch of template questionnaire.

Ask someone who has gone to a doctor's office to be diagnosed for a terminal disease. That is a lot scarier than an interview. :eek: Personally, I welcome an interview. I have no problem on the interview. If it takes an interview for CIC to enhance the screening process and to expedite the application, I am all for it. It's the long extended wait time of the interview I have a BIG problem with. I am irritated by the fact that we are at the mercy of the system. :mad:

“were your documents prepared by a lawyer?”

If I ever put a flame thrower through to those offices, I would probably need a lawyer to prepare my document. :p

As for the sponsorship application, we filled out the entire document ourselves. However, I can definitely see why many people would want to have a lawyer present to go over those forms. It's to make sure they spell their own name correctly. I mean, if you look at all those forms that is needed for the sponsorship program. The hardest part of those forms I found was the fact they ask you to fill out your information as well as your spouses information a $%#& million times when 1 is sufficed on all those forms! Like I said, we have smart people working at CIC. I am hoping the interview is related to the fact that I may have misspell my name incorrectly or my significant other may have misspell her name incorrectly. ;) :-*

M

mikeymyke

I really notice despite the hardships you are facing now, I can tell the way you talk, you have a great sense of humor, and I think this will help you stay positive somewhat during your ordeal. It's ok, because you're not the only one having this unfortunate issue, my friend.

Well at least my wife and I won't have to worry about this "phantom interview" nonsense, I just checked my ecas 15 min ago, and we got Decision Made! Really glad don't have to go through that ordeal again.

Wish you and your wife all the best my friend.

Vietnam2013

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Vietnam
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
August 15, 2013
File Transfer...
August 15, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
Thanks mikeymyke. Your ordeal is over, congratulation on your sponsorship application!

The only hardship this whole program is causing us is money. :'( Time, we have plenty of that. Like most people on this forum, it’s the money part we are short in. It’s quite a financial burden every time I have to take a trip to Vietnam to visit the wife. I try not to think about it too much, but enjoy the trip everyway I can. I know there is going to be some challenges and disappointment in life. As they say, “Life Is a Journey, Not a Destination.” :D

Tom143

Nov 2, 2014
Hi Mikeymyke
Did your wife got her passport and PR approval letter back, if so when did she received them.
Your time line is similar to me but we haven't heard anything from Singapore yet. We submitted
The passport on August-28

M

mikeymyke

Vietnam2013 said:
Thanks mikeymyke. Your ordeal is over, congratulation on your sponsorship application!

The only hardship this whole program is causing us is money. :'( Time, we have plenty of that. Like most people on this forum, it's the money part we are short in. It's quite a financial burden every time I have to take a trip to Vietnam to visit the wife. I try not to think about it too much, but enjoy the trip everyway I can. I know there is going to be some challenges and disappointment in life. As they say, “Life Is a Journey, Not a Destination.” :D
I know it sucks to wait this long, but at least you can take relief in knowing that your wife WILL get PR, just a matter of waiting out these next 2 years for the interview, as hard as it sounds. Let me know when you get the GCMS notes so we can all find out what the heck is going on over at Singapore VO.

Tom143 said:
Hi Mikeymyke
Did your wife got her passport and PR approval letter back, if so when did she received them.
Your time line is similar to me but we haven't heard anything from Singapore yet. We submitted
The passport on August-28
Yes see my timeline on the left. She got her passport and COPR at the same time, on Oct 22. We submitted the passport on Oct 2.

You should definitely be getting your passport by now, as the maximum time I saw someone wait for their passport was 2 months. Did you check the VFS tracking?

vlong

Oct 1, 2014
Hey guys,

I received my CGMS notes today and just wanted to share the results with everyone. It looks like the officer who was processing our papers suddenly stopped working at the Singapore office and someone else had to take over. I'm guessing that is what provoked the reassessment and subsequent interview.

This is likely the case for everyone else. It's bad luck on our part, but I'm relieved to know that at least there wasn't anything specifically wrong with our application.

M

mikeymyke

vlong said:
Hey guys,

I received my CGMS notes today and just wanted to share the results with everyone. It looks like the officer who was processing our papers suddenly stopped working at the Singapore office and someone else had to take over. I'm guessing that is what provoked the reassessment and subsequent interview.

This is likely the case for everyone else. It's bad luck on our part, but I'm relieved to know that at least there wasn't anything specifically wrong with our application.
Hey thanks so much for sharing. I've been anticipating a GCMS report from someone who got a phantom interview letter. I think that's kind of ridiculous they have to schedule an interview for you simply because the officer quit, rather than having the new guy go over your file from the beginning. It makes me mad to think they're causing a couple to have to wait 2 years for this.

Do your notes say Recommend WAV for interview? Did the GCMS explicitly say that because the officer quit, they're going to schedule an interview?

vlong

Oct 1, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Hey thanks so much for sharing. I've been anticipating a GCMS report from someone who got a phantom interview letter. I think that's kind of ridiculous they have to schedule an interview for you simply because the officer quit, rather than having the new guy go over your file from the beginning. It makes me mad to think they're causing a couple to have to wait 2 years for this.

Do your notes say Recommend WAV for interview? Did the GCMS explicitly say that because the officer quit, they're going to schedule an interview?
No, it didn't say recommend WAV. And there was nothing in there that explicitly stated the reason either. I just induced this conclusion because the second most recent note said: "File has come to my attention for finalization. The TD officer that assessed the case is no longer at this office". The most recent, that was made 5 minutes later said: "Advise pa that she is currently on our interview waiting list".

It's ridiculous how their stretching this out instead of simply going over the application again, but this is something that's out of our hands. The only thing I can really do now is wait and pray. Hope everyone else has better luck.