+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Sponsorship - Temp File Created...now what happens?

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
I spoke with IRCC today and they advised that a temporary file has been created (starts with the letters "XF"). The rep I spoke with advised that the next step would be the AOR but was unable to provide a time frame (fair enough as they aren't the opens working on the file.) So, I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone will be able to help out with.

1. Does this mean that the documents are all in check and that the file can't be sent back? Or are they just in the process of verifying the documents?
2. With me calling and inquiring about the file, does it perhaps push them to somehow work faster on it?
3. Am I able to use the temp file number to track the file online? So far i've been trying to get into ECAS using the receipt # only and my husbands previous UCI.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So you likely applied less than three months ago?

1. Only once you get AOR can you be assured the document will not be sent back. A temporary file gives you no assurance that the documents are in order and accepted.
2. Absolutely not.
3. No.

Reactions: tacobowl123

tacobowl123

Star Member
Jul 21, 2019
So you likely applied less than three months ago?

1. Only once you get AOR can you be assured the document will not be sent back. A temporary file gives you no assurance that the documents are in order and accepted.
2. Absolutely not.
3. No.
Thanks for the prompt response. :)

Yes, our app was received on Aug 26, I know its well within the processing time. But I was starting to get worried as it look (on the tracker) that everyone in and around that time have already received their AOR1.

Edit - my worry is that we filled out Form 5669 - Schedule A incorrectly. In the personal history/address section, we didn't fill out travel. We instead filled it out on a separate piece of paper and provided this...

Last edited: