+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland sponsorship, Source of Income - Proof explanation

CanuckSyrup

Dec 26, 2018
Hello,

I am applying to sponsor my wife and I am looking for some information. I live outside of Canada. my brother has agreed to help me financialIy until i get settled and find a job once I arrive in Canada since my savings are not quite high. he has written a letter confirming it, which I have. It also says that I will be living in an apartment where he just moved out with my mom. I have letters of employment showing how much i get paid and how many hours I work. is it enough to JUST use that as proof of source of income with an explanation on how I plan to support my wife on top of the fact that my brother has written that he will help me out until I get stable,, OR should I also show how much i have saved up in my savings ?

thanks in advance

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Provide as much information as you can. Don't try to get away with the bare minimum of documentation or your application will be delayed as CIC chases you for more.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your brother should include some financial information as proof that he has the money to support your family initially.

CanuckSyrup

Dec 26, 2018
Your brother should include some financial information as proof that he has the money to support your family initially.
Thank you!

Do all supporting documents need to be signed by hand? Even my own? Frirend's letters ? etc...He hasn't signed the papers with his financial information. He sent me PDF files of the information and I printed it. Is that okay? I also haven't seen anything about us having to sign them I might be overthinking it.

CanuckSyrup

Dec 26, 2018
Thank you!

Do all supporting documents need to be signed by hand? Even my own? Frirend's letters ? etc...He hasn't signed the papers with his financial information. He sent me PDF files of the information and I printed it. Is that okay? I also haven't seen anything about us having to sign them I might be overthinking it.
???

Mar1219

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Thank you!

It’s best to get them to sign everything by hand. Anyone could have written a letter about his financial information

CanuckSyrup

Dec 26, 2018
It’s best to get them to sign everything by hand. Anyone could have written a letter about his financial information
He wrote a letter saying he could support me financially and signed that letter by hand. But the printed financial documents weren’t signed by hand. They are his bank statements. His name and address are there but he didn’t print and then signed them by hand. Would that be a problem??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No he doesn’t need to sign everything but his identifying information should be on his bank statements, NOAs, etc.