+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland sponsorship: question about how to sign forms?

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
Hi. I'm PA living in Mexico, my Sponsor is in Canada and we're common law (lived together over 12 months from 2019-2020). As we're preparing our application, I have a question about the process of signing the forms. My apologies if it has been asked before, but I couldn't find it as I'm not familiar with the search feature yet.

I filled all the forms—both for my Sponsor and myself—with the information provided by my partner (because she has less time as she works and she currently doesn't have a computer), I've printed them with the date (digitally) only for my line, and I've signed my sections. My plan is to gather all the documents, send them to her so that she signs and dates them by hand in her sections on the appropriate forms, and then for her to mail it all to Sydney. Is that ok? Will there be any issues with the fact that I dated and signed my sections in the forms before my partner in Canada (including IMM 1344, which is considered a Sponsor form; as well as IMM5532 and IMM5476)?
I've read somewhere that you cannot stale date the forms, but I don't quite understand that concept.
If I were to print the forms that request her signatures and dates again, only including the digital date for my Sponsor's lines (let's say, for May 5 2021), and then sign and date my sections by hand with the date May 8 2021 (so that it would appear more reasonable that she had sent me the documents for signing afterwards), would that be ok/better?

Or do you know what would be the best method for signing these forms? Does she have to print the forms out in Canada with the date digitally, sign them, mail them to me, and then I'll have to sign and date everything by hand and mail it back to her? I would really appreciate some advice from those who have done this because it's stressful.
I appreciate your honest advice and please be kind!

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi

print the forms, sign them and send them by UPS, Fedex, or Purolator to Canadian Partner. Your partner can ship application to CIC

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
Hi

print the forms, sign them and send them by UPS, Fedex, or Purolator to Canadian Partner. Your partner can ship application to CIC
Thanks. So, in your experience, there's no issue if I sign and date before her? (Even if the form is supposed to be filled by her, the Sponsor)? She is supposed to date her sections by hand, correct?

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Thanks. So, in your experience, there's no issue if I sign and date before her? (Even if the form is supposed to be filled by her, the Sponsor)? She is supposed to date her sections by hand, correct?
Hi

I have 2 friends who did this, both got AORs. There is no problem at all as long as CIC will receive your application signed by both in 90 days of first signature.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/accepting-applications.html

Good luck

If u have questions let me know

Anton

Reactions: bigdaycoming

bigdaycoming

May 4, 2021
Good luck

If u have questions let me know

Anton
Hey Anton, I was wondering if you could help me answer a question. In the forms 1344 and 0008 I forgot to type in N/A in the PO box section, is it ok if I ask my partner to hand write N/A in black ink there? I wrote N/A in the common-law partner co-signer as it's not applicable to us. Do you think that's ok?
I've read conflicting things about handwriting in validated forms, but my forms were definitely validated even without the N/A in the PO box thing... Just wondering if it's ok to handwrite N/A for it as well as for the co-signer line and date?

And in the checklist, I checked all of the boxes to acknowledge them, but wrote N/A besides the ones that don't apply. Do you think that's ok?

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hey Anton, I was wondering if you could help me answer a question. In the forms 1344 and 0008 I forgot to type in N/A in the PO box section, is it ok if I ask my partner to hand write N/A in black ink there? I wrote N/A in the common-law partner co-signer as it's not applicable to us. Do you think that's ok?
I've read conflicting things about handwriting in validated forms, but my forms were definitely validated even without the N/A in the PO box thing... Just wondering if it's ok to handwrite N/A for it as well as for the co-signer line and date?

And in the checklist, I checked all of the boxes to acknowledge them, but wrote N/A besides the ones that don't apply. Do you think that's ok?
Hello

I think you will be absolutely fine even leaving it blank - if there is nothing in PO box, then there is no PO box

Good luck

Anton

Reactions: bigdaycoming