AOR Received.
28-10-2021
Med's Request
08-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Passport Req..
09-02-2022
Hi everyone, on the 9th Feb I received a passport request email from the VAC in london. I am currently in Canada with my husband, on ETA visitor status. I am able to stay here until May 23rd without requesting extension.

In the email they request I contact them (the London office) via webform, stating I am in Canada, for "virtual landing". So we did this on the 9th. I have not had any confirmation email after sending the web form - I hope this is normal as I have been second-guessing myself all week? In the past when sending webform direct to IRCC I got an automated email back.

My question is: can anyone advise what our process looks like now? Do I have enough time to get a virtual landing on my ETA status, or should we be thinking about sending a visitor extension ASAP?

ECAS is showing "decision made" for both me and my husband, but my online account (GCKey) has not been updated since I passed the medical exam in January. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Thank you so much in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You don't have to worry about visitor extension if you havne't gotten the virtual landing until it's close to May 23.

Reactions: c_m_m

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone, on the 9th Feb I received a passport request email from the VAC in london. I am currently in Canada with my husband, on ETA visitor status. I am able to stay here until May 23rd without requesting extension.

In the email they request I contact them (the London office) via webform, stating I am in Canada, for "virtual landing". So we did this on the 9th. I have not had any confirmation email after sending the web form - I hope this is normal as I have been second-guessing myself all week? In the past when sending webform direct to IRCC I got an automated email back.

My question is: can anyone advise what our process looks like now? Do I have enough time to get a virtual landing on my ETA status, or should we be thinking about sending a visitor extension ASAP?

ECAS is showing "decision made" for both me and my husband, but my online account (GCKey) has not been updated since I passed the medical exam in January. Not sure if that makes a difference.

You have been put on a list for virtual landing. The lists can be quite long so you will hear anytime from now until 2 months from now.

c_m_m

Nov 4, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-08-2021
AOR Received.
28-10-2021
Med's Request
08-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Passport Req..
09-02-2022
You have been put on a list for virtual landing. The lists can be quite long so you will hear anytime from now until 2 months from now.
Thank you for your reply! It's helpful to have that general time frame. Do you know if virtual landing will be like the inland invitations to the new PR portal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your reply! It's helpful to have that general time frame. Do you know if virtual landing will be like the inland invitations to the new PR portal?
Not sureI understand what you are referring to. Virtual landings are relatively new and only started during Covid. You will get an email confirming that you are now a PR and instructions about getting PR card.

c_m_m

Nov 4, 2021
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
12-08-2021
AOR Received.
28-10-2021
Med's Request
08-12-2021
Med's Done....
22-12-2021
Passport Req..
09-02-2022
Not sureI understand what you are referring to. Virtual landings are relatively new and only started during Covid. You will get an email confirming that you are now a PR and instructions about getting PR card.
I'm aware they are a new thing and I'm struggling to find info specific to this situation. Just a desperate attempt to keep this giddy/sick/anxious feeling under control! We will wait for next steps now and apply online for extension only if need be, close to end of May. Thanks again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm aware they are a new thing and I'm struggling to find info specific to this situation. Just a desperate attempt to keep this giddy/sick/anxious feeling under control! We will wait for next steps now and apply online for extension only if need be, close to end of May. Thanks again.
You should have landing before then.

• Love

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you know if virtual landing will be like the inland invitations to the new PR portal?
As far as I'm aware it's exactly the same virtual landing for inland applicants and outland that happen to be in Canada. Don't know about whether it's in the new portal.

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016

Hi
Im in the same boat my parents might get the ppr request . Just today they passed the exam and they might get a ppr from LVO while they are here in canada with me on visit visa from Pakistan. They are here till august.

In case they get ppr what should they do ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi
Im in the same boat my parents might get the ppr request . Just today they passed the exam and they might get a ppr from LVO while they are here in canada with me on visit visa from Pakistan. They are here till august.

In case they get ppr what should they do ?
Read the instructions in the letter which will tell them to write to IRCC to land while in Canada.

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
Read the instructions in the letter which will tell them to write to IRCC to land while in Canada.
I believe for folks who are in canada, they can do a soft landing via some portal access that IRCC will give them

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020

Hi, firstly, congratulations on your progress! I'm sorry I can't help with the question but I noticed in your signature that you're Quebec bound and London VO. We just applied for our spousal a couple of weeks ago and I'm visiting my other half all the time on my eTA from London.

In terms of application, am I correct that you applied for CSQ after the Federal application was submitted and you received a letter from IRCC to proceed with the Quebec application...? This has been one of the items we stressed over the most because one of the forms is almost contradictory to the guidance online from IRCC & QC.

Many thanks,
CM