+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland sousal Sponsorship-Birth of Child Abroad

cvbgn

Jan 31, 2023
I am a canadian citizen and my wife recently gave birth to our child. My wife is undergoing outland spousal sponsorhip and we have already recieved Aor. We will be applying for our childs Proof of Citizenship soon.

We have already submitted her pr application. she submitted her form imm 5406 online, how do we update it on her file to add our child in the relatives section.

If we send the pdf form imm5406 through webform should we redo the whole form, meaning adding all her family members, which we previously entered online in her applicarion, or just simply fill the children section on it and send the scanned document to ircc. Would really appreciate the help.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am a canadian citizen and my wife recently gave birth to our child. My wife is undergoing outland spousal sponsorhip and we have already recieved Aor. We will be applying for our childs Proof of Citizenship soon.

We have already submitted her pr application. she submitted her form imm 5406 online, how do we update it on her file to add our child in the relatives section.

If we send the pdf form imm5406 through webform should we redo the whole form, meaning adding all her family members, which we previously entered online in her applicarion, or just simply fill the children section on it and send the scanned document to ircc. Would really appreciate the help.
Submit an updated with all relevant information, as if they were going to throw out and replace (which they won't, but still that's how you should do).

Would recommend including letter of explanation that child is a (presumed) citizen and you'll be applying for the citizenship cert and passport soon - therefore NOT adding child to PR application (child not eligible to be added as a citizen).

cvbgn

Jan 31, 2023
Submit an updated with all relevant information, as if they were going to throw out and replace (which they won't, but still that's how you should do).

Would recommend including letter of explanation that child is a (presumed) citizen and you'll be applying for the citizenship cert and passport soon - therefore NOT adding child to PR application (child not eligible to be added as a citizen).

Should I do this through the web form or gc key.The pr portal is locked to submitted.

Really appreciate the help.