+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland - Quebec Proof of Address and what to send to whom?

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Hello again!

I'm nearly all collected, and apart from the notarization of legal docs and a coming marathon of signatures my wife and I (the sponsor), are all but prepared. My personal deadline to send the application out was August 1st, and I seriously think we will make it.

However, looking ahead at what to expect, I have some concerns about the Quebec undertaking application to come.
I lived in Gatineau, Quebec for some time while working in Ottawa. Housing was more affordable, and the neighborhoods were more than comfortable. My family is heavily situated in Ottawa, with plenty of friends on both sides of the border.
So after plenty of thought and reasoning we decided it would be better to settle in Gatineau upon arrival.
Now, the last time I lived there was 2004, and since then I have spent 9 years in China (Returning off and on for a time at which I lived in Vancouver and Ottawa.).
Now, on the document checklist for Quebec it requests:

Proof of your address in Quebec (Section 1.2 of the undertaking application)
*I cannot even find a section 1.2 in the application*

Enclose one of the following documents.
- Bill or statement of account from an electricity company
- Bill or statement of account from a cable company
- Last pay stub
- Notice of assessment from the Agence du revenu du Québec
- Driver’s licence

It then adds:

If you are temporarily living outside Quebec, you must also enclose this form, completed and signed:
- Declaration of sponsor abroad (form A-0539-A)

So, as I stated above, I am applying outland, so the first three wouldn't really apply, nor would they show any useful address. The third would be a likely impossibility to aquire as I don't even recall if or how I filed taxes during my time there... 12 years ago. And as for the Drivers License, well, back then it was just a learners permit, and that's long stored in one of many boxes up in the attic of a friends (senior) parents in the Ottawa Valley. And it too would be long expired as well as the address on it. I'll be filling out the declaration of Sponsor abroad but as it's something to "also" be filled out as opposed to "or" so I am left wondering what I can do.
Changing my application at this point to any other province would be a great deal of trouble and cost plenty more hours of time. And besides, it's really not what we want.

I've scoured forum after forum, including many of the annual Quebec Outland threads and found not one mention of this anywhere.. which does seem kinda odd.
Any advice, or experience?

Also, I have included proof of financial capability in with my full application to the CIC as a part of my intent to return to Canada. Will this need to be added (in part), or are there any external documents (ID copies aside) apart from those mentioned to be included in the eventual application?

Thank you!

Darwin

By the way, is there no Quebec Outland 2016 thread?

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Hello...
Are there any bites? I'm certainly not the only outland (for many years) Quebec applicant.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

:)

Jan 17, 2018
Hey @Grizzlyman my situation is almost like yours, except I didn't go to as many countries as you, and I'm not originally from Quebec (I was born in Ontario). My wife and I currently live in France and are looking at moving to Quebec.

I have exactly the same question as you!! The part about "Temporarily living outside of Quebec". Section 1.2 is asking for these documents:

- Bill or statement of account from an electricity company
- Bill or statement of account from a cable company
- Last pay stub
- Notice of assessment from the Agence du revenu du Québec
- Driver’s licence

Then it's telling you to sign the Declaration of sponsor abroad (form A-0539-A) and the note on the side says "if you are temporarily living outside of Quebec"

So the question is, how can I have an address in Quebec if I'm applying from abroad? Does this mean I have to actually be established first in Quebec before my wife comes?

@Grizzlyman, did you eventually get the answer or have you successfully done it another way?

Thanks! The forums don't really cover this!

Moving.montreal

Jan 7, 2018
Hi!

I had the same doubt and still working on our applications.

In this forum, I got 2 different answers: one sais I DID have to be settled in QC, the other...the opposite.

What I think is; if rhere actually is a form to sign saying you will be residing in QC when your partner's PR comes through, then it means you don't have to provide proof you are already in QC. I hope this is accurate.

We are also applying from abroad and will be moving to Montreal in May.