+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

outland PR application

emmagun30

Sep 17, 2018
Hi there.

My Canadian partner and I will have lived together in Canada for 1 year consecutively as of July 2020. We are planning on moving to Australia (where I'm from) in a few months as some job prospects have opened up for us. We were thinking of working there for 6-8 months then returning to Canada.

If I apply for PR via common-law in July in Australia, can I return to Canada while the application is being processed?

Alternatively, can I return to Canada on a tourist visa and apply for PR later this year (from Canada)?

Thank you, and I apologize if I wrote that in a confusing way.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can try - applying outland allows you to travel, but admission to the country is up to CBSA. You may be perceived to be a non-genuine visitor; honestly, though, I can't speak to the chances of that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there.

My Canadian partner and I will have lived together in Canada for 1 year consecutively as of July 2020. We are planning on moving to Australia (where I'm from) in a few months as some job prospects have opened up for us. We were thinking of working there for 6-8 months then returning to Canada.

If I apply for PR via common-law in July in Australia, can I return to Canada while the application is being processed?

Alternatively, can I return to Canada on a tourist visa and apply for PR later this year (from Canada)?

Thank you, and I apologize if I wrote that in a confusing way.
Will you have solid common-law proofs as of July?

You can apply outland and come to Canada as a visitor during the process.