+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland PR application, I'm returning back to Canada, can my spouse come with me

lifesciences

May 25, 2010
We submitted an application for common-law partnership on April 3, 2010 from the US. I'm a Canadian citizen.

We had the sponsorship approved May 18, 2010 and the application is at the visa office in Buffalo, havent heard back from them yet.

We currently live in the US. My internship will be ending in July and I will be moving back to Canada in August to work/finish school.

Since the application is still in pending, we would like to be together in Canada while our application is being processed.

How would the move affect our application process?

Would it be possible for my spouse to obtain a Canadian Vistor's Visa? He is currently is a legal resident (F1/OPT status) of the United States.

Is it difficult to obtain a vistor visa while your application is in process? What are some documents we can show to prove his intent to return back to the US?

Thank you and comments suggested are greatly appreicated!

I

iarblue

When you show up to the POE bring your copy of the app to show it is process and proof you paid the fee to do so.Let them know you are aware of the law that if the PR is not approved before his visa expires that you have to apply for an extension or he has to go home.Proof he has enough money in the bank to support himself.
You can bring proof of an appartment or home he has in the US,children left behind he has to go back to see,a job to return too,anything you can find that would give him a reason to go home.