+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland! PPR received! While Visiting Canada

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
Hey guys,

I hope that someone could help me in this one... mostly people that have been in the same situation!

I just got a letter from my Visa office( Paris) and they ask me my passport copy and a couple of stuffs.

Happens, that I’m currently visiting my wife in Canada and they want me to submit this documents to my VO outside of Canada.

I think right now is too short to change my address, is there a chance of sending a letter attached to my documents asking them to send my COPR to Canada ?

Thanks in advance

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hey guys,

I hope that someone could help me in this one... mostly people that have been in the same situation!

I just got a letter from my Visa office( Paris) and they ask me my passport copy and a couple of stuffs.

Happens, that I’m currently visiting my wife in Canada and they want me to submit this documents to my VO outside of Canada.

I think right now is too short to change my address, is there a chance of sending a letter attached to my documents asking them to send my COPR to Canada ?

Thanks in advance
There should be instructions in the letter you received that tells you where to send your documents if the applicant is currently in Canada. There should be an address for sending the passport to Ottawa instead. If not, then contact your VO through the webform and explain that you are in Canada currently. You will need to make sure you are going to be in Canada long enough to send the passport in and get it back with your COPR, as obviously you wouldn't be able to travel without the passport.

Reactions: Lobato and YVR123

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
There should be instructions in the letter you received that tells you where to send your documents if the applicant is currently in Canada. There should be an address for sending the passport to Ottawa instead. If not, then contact your VO through the webform and explain that you are in Canada currently. You will need to make sure you are going to be in Canada long enough to send the passport in and get it back with your COPR, as obviously you wouldn't be able to travel without the passport.
Hi PrincessCRV, first of all thanks for replying...

That’s the thing, I don’t have those instructions, they only tell me to send the documents to my visa office.

I don’t need to send my passport, only the copy of my passport.

But yeah, I thought about contacting my VO, through the email, I’m just a bit stressed about all of this and probably I’m making a huge problem where is something simple.

Thank you

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018

That’s the thing, I don’t have those instructions, they only tell me to send the documents to my visa office.

But yeah, I thought about contacting my VO, through the email, I’m just a bit stressed about all of this and probably I’m making a huge problem where is something simple.

Thank you
Yes, just contact the VO through email or the webform and tell them the situation. I know of many people who were in Canada at the time and were able to send their documents to Ottawa instead. Don't stress. Really, it is all going to work out. You are so close to the finish line and you are almost done! You made it through the hard part. Congrats!

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
Yes, just contact the VO through email or the webform and tell them the situation. I know of many people who were in Canada at the time and were able to send their documents to Ottawa instead. Don't stress. Really, it is all going to work out. You are so close to the finish line and you are almost done! You made it through the hard part. Congrats!
Thanks a lot, really !

What stress me the most is the 30 days that they give us to answer, cause in my head looks so short...
i don't know if they count my email as an answer( some people say that day take some days to answer)
There's nothing that says that we can do this and also there's nothing saying that we cannot do it... but i appreciate your help and i wish you the best to...

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018

Thank you
hey,

what was your timeline ? how long after DM did you receive PPR?? thank you

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance
Hi Tigo Phil,
Were you able to send your passport and other documents to Ottawa without any issues?

Thanks

Tigo Phil

Mar 12, 2018
Hi Tigo Phil,
Were you able to send your passport and other documents to Ottawa without any issues?

Thanks
Hello,

I’m gonna try to explain you my situation...
I’m from a Visa-exempt country so I came to visit my wife in Canada...
I received an email for my Visa office in Paris asking me to send them my passport copie and 3 more stuffs( not a big deal)... but as I’m here at the moment I didn’t know what to do and the most part of the people was saying stuffs like-“send to Ottawa, you’re not gonna have problems, they are smart enough to understand”... but I was a bit afraid of doing that and things would go wrong because I wasn’t completely convinced, this is something important and I admit that I was a bit stressed...

Here’s what I did... I sent an email (by: Webform) to my VO, asking to change my address and explaining my situation and they answer me 2 days later with an email plus a document attached telling me to send my documents to Ottawa if i’m in Canada at the moment...

I just advise people that are in the same situation, to let them know (I mean, sending an email to your Visa office outside of Canada by webform)...

I hope that this is gonna help...

Good luck

beautifulmind

May 19, 2018
Hello,

I received an email for my Visa office in Paris asking me to send them my passport copie and 3 more stuffs( not a big deal)... but as I’m here at the moment I didn’t know what to do and the most part of the people was saying stuffs like-“send to Ottawa, you’re not gonna have problems, they are smart enough to understand”... but I was a bit afraid of doing that and things would go wrong because I wasn’t completely convinced, this is something important and I admit that I was a bit stressed...

Here’s what I did... I sent an email (by: Webform) to my VO, asking to change my address and explaining my situation and they answer me 2 days later with an email plus a document attached telling me to send my documents to Ottawa if i’m in Canada at the moment...

I just advise people that are in the same situation, to let them know (I mean, sending an email to your Visa office outside of Canada by webform)...

Good luck
Thank you.

Lobato

Mar 12, 2015
Hello,

Good luck
Just answered my question hehehe. Thanks! My wife and I will be visiting with friends and family in Canada in December and I was wondering what to do if I get PPR when I am there :)