+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland from Australia - Biometrics

ComingHome

May 7, 2019
Hey folks,

As we finish up our evidence and the first draft of our app this weekend, my wife and I were a little surprised about the biometrics for Australia.

From what I understand and have read, my wife will have to give biometrics and will have to do so in either Sydney or Melbourne. Problem is that we are in Brisbane.

Is there anyway we can give prints at a local police department and they are then sent off to one of the cities where it’s processed or do you have to suck it up and travel interstate to do it?

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey folks,

As we finish up our evidence and the first draft of our app this weekend, my wife and I were a little surprised about the biometrics for Australia.

From what I understand and have read, my wife will have to give biometrics and will have to do so in either Sydney or Melbourne. Problem is that we are in Brisbane.

Is there anyway we can give prints at a local police department and they are then sent off to one of the cities where it’s processed or do you have to suck it up and travel interstate to do it?

Thanks
No, she can't do it at the local police department. She must do it at a designated biometrics location.

Vaibhav22

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Brisbane, New Delhi, Brampton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Sydeny, New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
Doc's Request.
10-05-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-18
Med's Request
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
01-06-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2019
LANDED..........
12-07-2019
Hi, I filed FSW Outland from Brisbane last year July, that time the biometrics were not there. You can always call CIC or email them and ask this.

I would also like to suggest you another thing, please submit the traffic history of both Queensland and Victoria. I made the mistake of only submitting Queensland traffic history as I always lived there.

But CIC put a review required on my case and now one year down the line they asked for the Traffic History of Victoria and once I submitted then they cleared my case. So I have suffered it the hard way.

So I would recommend you to just file a No traffic History from Vic Roads through online portal, for you and your wife separately. They will email you that within 10 working days.

Good Luck :)

ComingHome

May 7, 2019
Ah shoot - it looks like we're headed to Sydney or Melbourne.

Hi, I filed FSW Outland from Brisbane last year July, that time the biometrics were not there. You can always call CIC or email them and ask this.
That's interesting. All up, how long did it take from the day you dropped it in the post to approval, if you've been approved?

I would also like to suggest you another thing, please submit the traffic history of both Queensland and Victoria. I made the mistake of only submitting Queensland traffic history as I always lived there.
My wife, when she's lived in Australia, has only ever resided in Queensland, I don't think she's ever actually entered Victoria. So, what you're saying is to pay for a Victoria traffic history even though she has never stepped foot in that state?

So I would recommend you to just file a No traffic History from Vic Roads through online portal, for you and your wife separately. They will email you that within 10 working days.

Good Luck :)
Is there a No Traffic History from Vic Roads report? Also, as her sponsor (Canadian citizen) do I need to get a traffic and police clearance as well?

Vaibhav22

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018
Doc's Request.
10-05-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-18
Med's Request
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
01-06-2019
Passport Req..
07-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2019
LANDED..........
12-07-2019
That's interesting. All up, how long did it take from the day you dropped it in the post to approval, if you've been approved?

My AOR is 5th July 2018, The CIC put me in RR on 8th August 2018 for the Australia PCC, until 10th May 2019 they never checked my case on 10th itself I got an Additional Doc Request for the Fresh Australia PCC, and Traffic history of Victoria, I Submitted them on 24th may, got a Remedial request on 30th May 2019. In June I guess I will get PPR.

My wife, when she's lived in Australia, has only ever resided in Queensland, I don't think she's ever actually entered Victoria. So, what you're saying is to pay for a Victoria traffic history even though she has never stepped foot in that state?

I also never drove or resided in Victoria, but they did ask me for the traffic history, u don't have to pay anything, getting a No Traffic History from Victoria is free.

Is there a No Traffic History from Vic Roads report? Also, as her sponsor (Canadian citizen) do I need to get a traffic and police clearance as well?[/QUOTE]

Getting a No Traffic History from Victoria is free. I don't think so as a Canadian u require that.

ComingHome

May 7, 2019

My AOR is 5th July 2018, The CIC put me in RR on 8th August 2018 for the Australia PCC, until 10th May 2019 they never checked my case on 10th itself I got an Additional Doc Request for the Fresh Australia PCC, and Traffic history of Victoria, I Submitted them on 24th may, got a Remedial request on 30th May 2019. In June I guess I will get PPR.

I also never drove or resided in Victoria, but they did ask me for the traffic history, u don't have to pay anything, getting a No Traffic History from Victoria is free.

Is there a No Traffic History from Vic Roads report? Also, as her sponsor (Canadian citizen) do I need to get a traffic and police clearance as well?
Getting a No Traffic History from Victoria is free. I don't think so as a Canadian u require that.[/QUOTE]

Sweet. Thanks for that - I'm on hold with Vic Roads as we speak.

Reactions: Vaibhav22

Vaibhav22

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-04-2018