+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland dependant landing

Erfan2108

Oct 17, 2021
Our PR application has been approved and I have uploaded my photo and address. I am waiting for ECOPR now as the principal applicant. My outland dependant got her visa stamped and received COPR along with it. Can she land before I get ECOPR with her COPR and visa?

venom001

Jun 8, 2023
Congratulations on the approval of your PR application! When it comes to landing in Canada as a permanent resident, each applicant, including dependents, will need to have their own Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document. The COPR serves as an official document granting permanent resident status. Typically, the principal applicant and their dependents are expected to land together. However, there may be situations where a dependent is granted their own COPR and visa before the principal applicant. In such cases, it's best to contact the relevant immigration authorities, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), to seek guidance and clarification on the specific circumstances. It's important to ensure that all necessary documentation is in order and that you comply with any instructions provided by the immigration authorities. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding landing requirements and processes. It's recommended to contact IRCC or consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant to address your specific situation and obtain the most reliable guidance. mymilestonecard

Last edited:

flyfirefreedom

Star Member
Feb 23, 2023
Congratulations on the approval of your PR application! When it comes to landing in Canada as a permanent resident, each applicant, including dependents, will need to have their own Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) document. The COPR serves as an official document granting permanent resident status. Typically, the principal applicant and their dependents are expected to land together. However, there may be situations where a dependent is granted their own COPR and visa before the principal applicant. In such cases, it's best to contact the relevant immigration authorities, such as Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), to seek guidance and clarification on the specific circumstances. It's important to ensure that all necessary documentation is in order and that you comply with any instructions provided by the immigration authorities. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding landing requirements and processes. It's recommended to contact IRCC or consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant to address your specific situation and obtain the most reliable guidance.
Thank you. My dependent got copr and visa stamped,while I am the PA and still wating ecopr...I have contacted IRCC and seems only can wait...I replied the portal email and get no reply...so don't know what else I can do and my dependent has already scheduled to fly to Canada...very soooooooon....very stressful.Hopefully officer can speed up my case...