+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland CL application (time being apart is an issue?)

marnot

Star Member
May 19, 2014
So, in May my boyfriend and I have completed 1 year of cohabitation (with no breaks), after which I returned to Italy and he remained in Canada (especially because of his job). We still have to put together all the documents for the application, the question is simple as this: how long can we really stay separate before starting the application for the sponsor? A while ago an IRCC agent told me that once in Italy and always after the completion of a year of living together I could apply whenever I wanted. Does this statement is really as easy as that? It will take some time before we will be able to put together our documents before being ready to submit the application. The time we are spending apart from each other can be an issue? Of course I can demonstrate that our relationship is still on going.

Thanks so much

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
So, in May my boyfriend and I have completed 1 year of cohabitation (with no breaks), after which I returned to Italy and he remained in Canada (especially because of his job). We still have to put together all the documents for the application, the question is simple as this: how long can we really stay separate before starting the application for the sponsor? A while ago an IRCC agent told me that once in Italy and always after the completion of a year of living together I could apply whenever I wanted. Does this statement is really as easy as that? It will take some time before we will be able to put together our documents before being ready to submit the application. The time we are spending apart from each other can be an issue? Of course I can demonstrate that our relationship is still on going.

Thanks so much
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/common-law-1-year-living-together-but-have-to-leave-country.96391/