WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
Hi all,

I am applying to bring my american partner to canada - and one thing I haven't quite figured out -- at what point did you pay your fees to immigration?

We have sent out for fingerprints (june 1st), and my partner will have his medical exam July 13th. If we have received the prints before we send the application, we will send them along, obviously. If not, we will wait until they are requested.

Did you pay your fees before or after the medical? does it matter? The DMP we are going to sends results by overnight fed ex. Should we ensure that the fees are paid and our application arrives in missisauga around the same time as the fed ex will be sent (he told us it usually takes 3-4 days to get results back, so I will assume we will have a day or two to finalize the application before we need to send it off (assuming we sent application by overnight courier). I am concerned about the results of his medical exam arriving in Missisauga before the rest of the application - maybe it isn't a big deal...but if they do not have record to 'expect' an application, what happens to the medical results??

Am I so in the middle of the details of organizing this application that I am now worrying over inconsequential stuff, or does it matter if you have paid fees or not before the medical results arrive from DMP??

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
We paid our fees, printed the form, put it with the other documents and mailed it.

I dont think it matters how far in advance you pay the sponsor and applicant fees as long as they are paid before the application is sent in.

The RPRF can be paid at the same time as the rest or they will request it when the visa is approved. I read somewhere that it holds the approval up if it isnt paid until requested so we paid that too and mailed it all together.

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
ok I figured I was worrying for nothing. thanks for the reassurance. I was just reading and re-reading the guide trying to figure out if they suggested that you needed to pay before the medical results arrive to them - but I guess that's why you have to bring SO many pictures to the medical appointment, so they can match up the results and the application when they both arrive.

I think I've just been working on the app for too long today......maybe this is a sign that I might need to take a little break :eek:

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
minna said:
ok I figured I was worrying for nothing. thanks for the reassurance. I was just reading and re-reading the guide trying to figure out if they suggested that you needed to pay before the medical results arrive to them - but I guess that's why you have to bring SO many pictures to the medical appointment, so they can match up the results and the application when they both arrive.

I think I've just been working on the app for too long today......maybe this is a sign that I might need to take a little break :eek:
For me, working on the documents started to make me feel SICK. The forms all blended together, I couldnt remember what I had finished and what still need to be done, and the instructions (which made my head spin in the very beginning) made even less sense. Things that should have been easy to figure out were like calculus to me. It is good to take a break. Have a nice strong beverage and resume again tomorrow!