+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland application - Passport request - Need advices

firevincen

Jan 17, 2013
Hi all,

I've learned quite a lot from fellas in the forum and I really appreciate it.

I'm sponsoring my wife who is currently in Canada with me through Outland application. We submitted the entire package on June 20th, sponsor DM on Aug 19th, then forwarded to Beijing and they started process on Oct 6th, and on Oct 8th I got a letter requesting my wife's original passport. I assume if they request the passport then they would unlikely to refuse her application and we hopely can get a final DM one month later. (Hope I'm assuming the right thing here :).

Here comes our dilemma: we should be very excited but my wife is actually four months pregnant (we found out after we submitted our application) and we didn't plan it because she was just planning to visit me for couple of months. Because her first three months was quite tough we decided she would stay here until she feels normal again even if it means she'll stay here for the entire pregnancy if necessary. However with this passport request from cic we can't really decide our next steps.

1) with this letter, is it safe to assume our application is "almost" done? (We've already submitted medical) It seems quite unreal for them to request the passport only two days into the process.
2) we are thinking of mailing the passport back to Beijing while she stays here, is it OK to do that? Her legal status here expires on Nov 15th, so we are preparing to send an extension application soon.
3) is it ok for her to do a landing at the nearest US port of entry instead of flying to Beijing and back? We are thinking if we mail the passport and get it back we can just drive to Peace Arch to do a landing there. She doesn't have a US visa but I've heard people doing landing without entering the US side.

Our least preferred option would be for her to fly back and submit the passport in Beijing. Not only we don't know how soon they would return the passport and she is really nerveous about flying right now. However if thats the only way to do it we may have to tell Beijing to put on hold our application until she give birth. I'm hesitant of contacting them yet.

Hope some of more experienced folks can help us here. We are really torn about what to do next.

Thanks!

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014. (AOR2. 26-09-2014)
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014 (Received by VO 02-11-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-10-2014 (Decision made 07-11-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014 (received COPR 13-11-2014)
LANDED..........
15-11-2014 (landed at border in Osoyoos)
firevincen said:
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my wife who is currently in Canada with me through Outland application. We submitted the entire package on June 20th, sponsor DM on Aug 19th, then forwarded to Beijing and they started process on Oct 6th, and on Oct 8th I got a letter requesting my wife's original passport. I assume if they request the passport then they would unlikely to refuse her application and we hopely can get a final DM one month later. (Hope I'm assuming the right thing here :).

Here comes our dilemma: we should be very excited but my wife is actually four months pregnant (we found out after we submitted our application) and we didn't plan it because she was just planning to visit me for couple of months. Because her first three months was quite tough we decided she would stay here until she feels normal again even if it means she'll stay here for the entire pregnancy if necessary. However with this passport request from cic we can't really decide our next steps.

1) with this letter, is it safe to assume our application is "almost" done? (We've already submitted medical) It seems quite unreal for them to request the passport only two days into the process.
2) we are thinking of mailing the passport back to Beijing while she stays here, is it OK to do that? Her legal status here expires on Nov 15th, so we are preparing to send an extension application soon.
3) is it ok for her to do a landing at the nearest US port of entry instead of flying to Beijing and back? We are thinking if we mail the passport and get it back we can just drive to Peace Arch to do a landing there. She doesn't have a US visa but I've heard people doing landing without entering the US side.

Our least preferred option would be for her to fly back and submit the passport in Beijing. Not only we don't know how soon they would return the passport and she is really nerveous about flying right now. However if thats the only way to do it we may have to tell Beijing to put on hold our application until she give birth. I'm hesitant of contacting them yet.

Hope some of more experienced folks can help us here. We are really torn about what to do next.

Thanks!
I think it is good news for you that your wife has got approved for PR. It is really fast! I read some others also got requested passport one or two days after they start processing. So you don't need to worry about that.

But I don't know if you need to declare that she is pregnant.

It is possible to drive to the US border to do landing.

Good luck

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014. (AOR2. 26-09-2014)
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014 (Received by VO 02-11-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-10-2014 (Decision made 07-11-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014 (received COPR 13-11-2014)
LANDED..........
15-11-2014 (landed at border in Osoyoos)
firevincen said:
Hi all,

Thanks!
Again, please don't forget to scan her passport all used pages for visa extension before you send passport out

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
firevincen said:
Hi all,

3) is it ok for her to do a landing at the nearest US port of entry instead of flying to Beijing
and back? We are thinking if we mail the passport and get it back we can just drive to Peace Arch to do a landing there. She doesn't have a US visa but I've heard people doing landing without entering the US side.

Thanks!
First of all, congratulations on the pregnancy of your wife,
second.... I personally don't consider that is safe for her to travel at this time, because of the pregnancy,
and if you are already planning to request an extension of the visa then I would recommend you to follow that route,
and as you mention, mail the passport so they can process her visa and confirmation of permanent residence that may come soon after.

firevincen

Jan 17, 2013
Awesomeg said:
First of all, congratulations on the pregnancy of your wife,
second.... I personally don't consider that is safe for her to travel at this time, because of the pregnancy,
and if you are already planning to request an extension of the visa then I would recommend you to follow that route,
and as you mention, mail the passport so they can process her visa and confirmation of permanent residence that may come soon after.
Thank you! We'll mail out the passport tomorrow. ;D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
firevincen said:
Hi

1. Yes, the passport requests usually indicates that you are near the end of the process.

2. Yes, it's OK to mail the passport while she stays here.

3. Yes, she can land at the Canada-US border. She wouldn't require a US visa; she would tell US immigration that she is flag-poling and they would give her an administrative refusal. She then takes that slip back to the Canadian side and lands as a PR.

firevincen

Jan 17, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

1. Yes, the passport requests usually indicates that you are near the end of the process.

2. Yes, it's OK to mail the passport while she stays here.

3. Yes, she can land at the Canada-US border. She wouldn't require a US visa; she would tell US immigration that she is flag-poling and they would give her an administrative refusal. She then takes that slip back to the Canadian side and lands as a PR.
Thank you very much! We've already mailed out her passport and can't wait! :D

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Also make absolutely certain you update the Beijing visa office for both her residential and mailing address, to your Canadian address (if you haven't already). I've heard it can take some time for CIC to process an address change and make it effective. After her PR is fully approved they will mail her COPR+passport to the address on file. So if you are in Canada, you want everything mailed directly to you and not to an address in China.

Also not sure what province you are in, but keep in mind for some (like Ontario) there is a 3 months wait to be covered under healthcare, while others (like Alberta) people can be covered immediately and even as visitors. So if there's a wait, better be prepared as to what some possible pregnancy-related costs could be that you might have to pay out of pocket.

lamyad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Visa Office......
Rabat/ Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-05-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
21-08-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2016
LANDED..........
25-08-2016
Hi
congratulations I wanna know they didn't ask for an interview outland? So she stays in Canada and send it via mail that's it?
Because I am also here and I want to apply outland because it's faster than inland.
thank you for your answer