+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application - Husband relocates during application

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Good morning everyone,

I was hoping someone familiar with this situation can guide me. If my husband and I have our sponsorship application in and he moves to another country for a work contract (1 year) how does this affect our application, what would we need to do aside from advising IIRC? Would he still have to travel back to his home country for a possible interview or can the file be transferred? If he goes to do the work contract, he will not be able to leave before 1 year.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
When you advise them they will tell you if you need to submit any additional documents. As long as they have his updated info on file you'll be ok.

Depending on how far along in the process you are. If it's a recent application I would not worry about the 1 year contract. If it's near completion and he really cannot terminate the contract earlier to come and land you might have to consider restarting the application.

Ultimately the choice is up to you and what is best for your situation at this time. I think they give you up until your Meds expire to land.

If any other seniors can confirm or add to this that would be great.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
When you advise them they will tell you if you need to submit any additional documents. As long as they have his updated info on file you'll be ok.

Depending on how far along in the process you are. If it's a recent application I would not worry about the 1 year contract. If it's near completion and he really cannot terminate the contract earlier to come and land you might have to consider restarting the application.

Ultimately the choice is up to you and what is best for your situation at this time. I think they give you up until your Meds expire to land.

If any other seniors can confirm or add to this that would be great.

Thank you for your response DiiDii. My husband just sent me his signed forms today, so we are just about to submit our application in the next 2 or 3 weeks. If he goes to the other country it will likely be in December or January.

So, when he goes there for the contract, I would advise IRCC that he is there for a 1 year contract, this is his address, this is his employer?

The question I posed was to see if it would make sense for him to go for the contract or not and if it would affect our application process in terms of interview etc. One of the reasons he wants to go is to help support me financially and save some money (I don't need it, but it's cultural). Currently, he's living in a closed currency country so he can't do anything financially to help me if he wanted to.

I'm hoping others can weigh in.

ahmedcar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
15-08-2019
AOR Received.
15-10-2019
File Transfer...
15-11-2019
Med's Request
18-10-2019
Med's Done....
24-10-2019
Interview........
25-09-2020 (Non-Scheduled, over the phone)
Good morning everyone,

I was hoping someone familiar with this situation can guide me. If my husband and I have our sponsorship application in and he moves to another country for a work contract (1 year) how does this affect our application, what would we need to do aside from advising IIRC? Would he still have to travel back to his home country for a possible interview or can the file be transferred? If he goes to do the work contract, he will not be able to leave before 1 year.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
You dont need to submit or inform IRCC about anything at this stage.
Thank you for your response DiiDii. My husband just sent me his signed forms today, so we are just about to submit our application in the next 2 or 3 weeks. If he goes to the other country it will likely be in December or January.

So, when he goes there for the contract, I would advise IRCC that he is there for a 1 year contract, this is his address, this is his employer?

The question I posed was to see if it would make sense for him to go for the contract or not and if it would affect our application process in terms of interview etc. One of the reasons he wants to go is to help support me financially and save some money (I don't need it, but it's cultural). Currently, he's living in a closed currency country so he can't do anything financially to help me if he wanted to.

I'm hoping others can weigh in.
You dont need to inform IRCC about this at this stage. No, it will not effect your application process, you might need to provide additional documents when requested by IRCC later.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
You dont need to submit or inform IRCC about anything at this stage.

You dont need to inform IRCC about this at this stage. No, it will not effect your application process, you might need to provide additional documents when requested by IRCC later.
Thank you for the information. Although, I should let them know of his address change if he moves to the other country for work, no? I'll be submitting our application in the next couple weeks and he wouldn't work in the other country until December or January...if he gets that job.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Bringing this back up as we now have AOR and my husband landed in Country C a week ago, currently under quarantine for another week.

What info should I provide to IRCC, just his new address?