+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application! Got PPR. Have a Question. Please Help!

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Hello Everyone

We submit our application August 2015. I am the sponsor living in Canada. My wife lives outside of Canada. She just got PPR last week, and she sent out the passport, the Visa Application Centre has already received her passport. Now She's waiting for the PR VISA to be issued.

I have a quick question. I am the sponsor and living in Canada. I am in the process of moving. Do I need to update my address as a sponsor with CIC? In the PPR email, CIC mentioned that if the principle applicant's address (my wife's address) has changed, we need to notify CIC. My wife's address didn't change. However, they never mentioned anything about the sponsor.

some people say that I need to update my address with CIC because they will send my wife's PR card to my address when she landed. but I remember when people land in Canada, they are being asked at the airport to provide a mailing address in order for them to receive PR card.. correct me if i am wrong.

Please help with the Question

Thanks so much!!! :D

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
No need to notify cic. As you said when she land the officer will ask her about the adresse so dont worry. And congratulations

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Fawzietrim said:
No need to notify cic. As you said when she land the officer will ask her about the adresse so dont worry. And congratulations
That's why I thought, but some people say the the customs will send the PR card to the old address, and they won't let you give new address.. i am just too confused.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Just update it in ECAS, and if you want, by phone as well (CIC call center, call in the morning). Then, have her tell the immigration officer the new address when she lands. They should be able to see your request in the system even if it's not yet updated online.

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
SkyOcean said:
That's why I thought, but some people say the the customs will send the PR card to the old address, and they won't let you give new address.. i am just too confused.
No dont worry. The officer will ask her about the adress sho keep calm

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
SkyOcean said:
have these people gone through the application process and landing for spousal sponsorship? if so, it's weird they are telling you this, when it's not what actually happens. if not, it's best not to take what they say legitimately. the people who know best are the ones that go through and finish the process. remember, not all streams are the same, so some of the logistics may change slightly stream to stream.

to confirm what others have said... at the landing, the officer will ask your wife for her new canadian address and her file will be updated with that information so they will send the pr card to that address. at this point, they don't much care about the sponsor's information, so you don't need to update your info. only if you really want to do it on ECAS. it's not going to hurt or help the process.

SkyOcean

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
CDNPR2014 said:
have these people gone through the application process and landing for spousal sponsorship? if so, it's weird they are telling you this, when it's not what actually happens. if not, it's best not to take what they say legitimately. the people who know best are the ones that go through and finish the process. remember, not all streams are the same, so some of the logistics may change slightly stream to stream.

to confirm what others have said... at the landing, the officer will ask your wife for her new canadian address and her file will be updated with that information so they will send the pr card to that address. at this point, they don't much care about the sponsor's information, so you don't need to update your info. only if you really want to do it on ECAS. it's not going to hurt or help the process.
Thanks a lot for the info. It really helps. :D :D :D