+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application - Generic Application

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
Hi everyone,

1. On the Generic Application for my wife's PR application (IMM0008F), do I exclude my son as a dependent? My son was born in China to a Canadian father (also born in Canada) so he automatically has Canadian citizenship.

2. If we are planning on doing the Outland application but are going to be moving back to Canada to await the application process, do I list the address of my Canadian place of residence as my residence? For example, we intend to send in the application in December of this year, but we will be moving back to Canada March of next year. Our place of residence in March will no longer be ours since we are renting the place we are currently residing in. Do I have to send in the application with what my address is now and then send an update when we do move back?

3. I was told, quite generally that going back home to await the process was common and that we would need the approval of sponsor (email from CIC) to show the customs officer upon entry back to the country. Do I still need this letter if my wife has a round-trip ticket since she needs to leave the country anyways?

Thank you so much for these clarification and your continued patience. A lot of these questions I would ask the embassy except the numbers they provide, when I call them, are empty numbers and the email addresses that I send emails to, don't seem to get responses. This is truly the only place I can go.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

1. Yes, you exclude your son as a dependent.

2. List your current address. Change it when you come to Canada.

3. Yes, it's common. The SA letter is not required, as CBSA will be able to see the PR app in their system anyways.

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

1. Yes, you exclude your son as a dependent.

2. List your current address. Change it when you come to Canada.

3. Yes, it's common. The SA letter is not required, as CBSA will be able to see the PR app in their system anyways.
Then is it possible to go to Canada first then send in the application as outland?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thyobear said:
Then is it possible to go to Canada first then send in the application as outland?
Yes, you can submit an outland app from Canada. However, you said you were sending the app in Dec and moving in March. There is no advantage to waiting until you get to Canada to submit. It's best to send it in as soon as you can.