+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application but already in Canada thru a temporary work permit.

Darber

Apr 21, 2012
Hello Everyone! First of all, great job for those who find time to post here- either it's a question or answer, they are really helpful.

I am a Filipina who came to Canada thru the Live-in caregiver program but since I got married, I had to quit my job and live with my husband who is a Canadian by birth. Now we are filling out forms and trying to gather all documents needed for the sponsorship. We were advised by the Immigration people that we can choose to do In-Canada application or Outland application and we chose the latter since it is shorter. My question is, when I came here as a Live-In caregiver, I already submitted police clearance, medical certificate and the standard photos, do I still have to do it again?

Thank you very much and hope to get some answers...

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Darber said:
Hello Everyone! First of all, great job for those who find time to post here- either it's a question or answer, they are really helpful.

I am a Filipina who came to Canada thru the Live-in caregiver program but since I got married, I had to quit my job and live with my husband who is a Canadian by birth. Now we are filling out forms and trying to gather all documents needed for the sponsorship. We were advised by the Immigration people that we can choose to do In-Canada application or Outland application and we chose the latter since it is shorter. My question is, when I came here as a Live-In caregiver, I already submitted police clearance, medical certificate and the standard photos, do I still have to do it again?

Thank you very much and hope to get some answers...
yes you need to submit police clearance and medical again. if you apply outland, you can still stay inside canada with your husband during processing of your PR.
best of luck