+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicant visiting with eTA

RandomName79

Dec 27, 2023
Hello, I am Canadian and my wife is Italian. We submitted her outland application last week. She would like to come stay with me for a few months this summer while our application is still processing. Since she Italian, she can enter with the eTA. Are there any possible complications that can happen for her when entering a visitor? Does she let them know that she has a PR application pending? Is it better it enter separately or together? If her return ticket is for 5months, would that raise any flags? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
Hello, I am Canadian and my wife is Italian. We submitted her outland application last week. She would like to come stay with me for a few months this summer while our application is still processing. Since she Italian, she can enter with the eTA. Are there any possible complications that can happen for her when entering a visitor? Does she let them know that she has a PR application pending? Is it better it enter separately or together? If her return ticket is for 5months, would that raise any flags? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.
My husband's Canadian and I'm Polish residing in Norway. I traveled to Canada on eTA before we applied for PR and wanted to visit after we applied, but... I read some stories online from people who were refused entry due to dual intent and decided not to risk it. Maybe I was too cautious (especially that I still work full time meaning theoretically strong ties) and there wouldn't have been any issues if I decided to travel, but ultimately I didn't want to have any refusals etc. on my record.

I received my COPR earlier this week after 8 months of PR processing, now finalising documents for submission to VFS to receive the final COPR papers. Planning to permanently move to Canada at the end of summer or early autumn.

Perhaps if you're lucky by the time your wife plans to visit your application process will be advanced enough to not raise any potential flags at the boarder.

Not sure if that helps you in any way, just sharing my experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomName79