+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Applicant taking medical IN Canada.

lXlXero

Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,
I am a USA applicant for Canadian residency being sponsored by my wife.
We just send the paperwork to the Mississauga, Ontario office for outland applications a few days ago.
The problem is that i got my medical examination done while i was visiting my wife in Canada just a week prior to sending the paperwork. After calling the medical practitioner's office, they confirmed my fear that they would be sending the medical examination results to the office where they process the inland applications in Vegreville, Alberta.
I am very confused and at a total loss of what to do about this. We are trying to get a hold of the medical practitioner again to see if it is possible they just send the results to the office in Ontario, but even if they do i am unsure if it will cause any problems down the line or if it would be accepted at all. There seems to be no way for me to contact the Ontario OR the Alberta office in order for me to ask them either, as i was put on hold and told they would not answer such questions (Maybe i just called at a bad time or talked to the wrong person?).
The reason why i decided to get my medical exam done in Canada was because in the city i live there is only 1 office that offers the testing for $500, while in Canada we got it done for half that price, leading me to believe that the practitioner down here is taking advantage of the monopoly it has over this service.

Is there anyone here that has been in a similar situation or anyone that could give me a little insight or help on my predicament? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you =)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey!

you are allowed to do the medicals anywhere in the world, but the forms are different from inland and outland. So - you need to contact the DMP, explain that you are doing outland, and as such they should indicate either Buffalo ( which is closed, but you can still probably indicated that, as I understood that some DMPs were not aware of the fact that files were now transferred to Ottawa), or Ottawa directly. then as any outland application- it waits for your file to arrive after first stage approval and it gets matched up with your file.

DId you include the copy given to you by the DMP? normally when you go they give you one copy of the form that they fill out, and they indicated the office there. If you have that as a proof, maybe there is a way they could retrieve it.

Good luck,
Sweden

Midwest

Star Member
Aug 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-26-2012
File Transfer...
09-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-04-2012
Passport Req..
02-05-2013
I did my medical exam in Toronto, ON, in June of this year. Doctor told me ( and I saw) that he is going to send it o Ottawa. I told him that it is for outside sponsorship and he said that's fine. I also did in Canada because of lower price. The nearest designated doctor in my area charges $450 for the same exam. I ended up paying only $165 in Canada.

Belinasha

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
Doc's Request.
14-09-2012 - New FBI needed - 120 days to submit - then told disregard request
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
29-05-2012 to LA
Med's Request
Meds received 29-05-2012; Medical extension received 16-10-2012
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 received at LA 08-01-2013 ; Decision Made 1-17-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 sent to wrong address; 13-02-2013 LA replied new COPR sent to correct address; 21-02-2013 COPR arrives in mail at new address
LANDED..........
22-02-2013....FINALLY after almost 1 full year since applying
I believe that all medicals are sent to Ottawa at a facility until they are requested by CIC. I was told this by CIC and the DMP where we got our medical done in Ottawa. I know there are two forms, but they are sent to the same place. I made sure to check the form at the DMP when we got ours done and she said they've used either if they've run out of one and it didn't make a difference since they're all sent to the same place.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
Belinasha said:
I believe that all medicals are sent to Ottawa at a facility until they are requested by CIC. I was told this by CIC and the DMP where we got our medical done in Ottawa. I know there are two forms, but they are sent to the same place. I made sure to check the form at the DMP when we got ours done and she said they've used either if they've run out of one and it didn't make a difference since they're all sent to the same place.
Yes our DMP and immigration consultant also told us all the medicals are sent to ottawa and than distributed accordingly as well.
Im sure they should be able to match up your medical results with your file.
Even when we got our redo medical done in mexico it was still sent to ottawa and than back to mexico.

lXlXero

Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you guys so much!!!
You don't know how relieved i am to know this, it really lights a new fire in my heart. I cant wait to be with my wife, in Canada, and not have to say goodbye again.

Again, thank you all so much ^^ !