+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicant April 2020

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
I applied to sponsor my wife for PR and sent in paper application on April 2020 and I am still waiting for PR. I called CIC and they mentioned that my file is in New Delhi India and cannot provide any update. I signed up on the new PR tracker and found that eligibility, background and medical exam has been completed and it also has a COPR number. The last I got from CIC was pre-arrival letter on Dec 2021. So I contacted local MP to get in touch with CIC and they have gotten back to me saying that CIC has sent a passport request on Jan 14 2022 which I have not received yet. I have no idea where the PPR is struck and how to proceed further. Any pointers guys? Its just frustrating that I have waited 2 years and still the application has not been finalised.

Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I applied to sponsor my wife for PR and sent in paper application on April 2020 and I am still waiting for PR. I called CIC and they mentioned that my file is in New Delhi India and cannot provide any update. I signed up on the new PR tracker and found that eligibility, background and medical exam has been completed and it also has a COPR number. The last I got from CIC was pre-arrival letter on Dec 2021. So I contacted local MP to get in touch with CIC and they have gotten back to me saying that CIC has sent a passport request on Jan 14 2022 which I have not received yet. I have no idea where the PPR is struck and how to proceed further. Any pointers guys? Its just frustrating that I have waited 2 years and still the application has not been finalised.

Thanks!
First would be to check gckey, that is often/usually where letters are sent. And your spam inboxes etc.

You'll have to contact them otherwise, either directly or through eg MP, and get the PPR re-sent.

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Not a day goes by me without checking the GC key. Have scanned through my spam as well. Will call CIC and see what they have to say about this.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Reactions: armoured

chemesking

Mar 22, 2022
My situation is exactly the same as yours, except that my application was received in March 2020, I also got Prearrival letter Nov 2022. Signed up for the New PR tracker only last week and found same comment "we have received your passport/travel doc. on 10th Dec." Did not get any request and I still have my travel doc with me. I have had to fill a Web form to lodge a complaint. I guess you should do the same... In any case they say they are finalizing applications they received between March 8-14th March 2020 right now, so i guess we will figure in a no too distant time.

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
My situation is exactly the same as yours, except that my application was received in March 2020, I also got Prearrival letter Nov 2022. Signed up for the New PR tracker only last week and found same comment "we have received your passport/travel doc. on 10th Dec." Did not get any request and I still have my travel doc with me. I have had to fill a Web form to lodge a complaint. I guess you should do the same... In any case they say they are finalizing applications they received between March 8-14th March 2020 right now, so i guess we will figure in a no too distant time.
Sorry about that. Hope things will get better soon for both of us. So, yes I did submit a webform and they got back to me saying they have all required documents and my application is still in process and applications are delayed due to Covid-19 and cannot provide accurate processing times But my MP said that they have sent out the passport request and I haven't received any yet.

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hello Guys,

I have a got PPR on April 14th. But my wife is already inside Canada. So according to the PPR I submitted a webform mentioning that my wife is already in Canada and will need to do a virtual landing. It is been a week since I submitted my webform and I haven't heard anything from CIC yet. Should I wait? or should try to get in touch with them?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have a got PPR on April 14th. But my wife is already inside Canada. So according to the PPR I submitted a webform mentioning that my wife is already in Canada and will need to do a virtual landing. It is been a week since I submitted my webform and I haven't heard anything from CIC yet. Should I wait? or should try to get in touch with them?
Wait, it's only been a week.

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hi, I applied for sponsoring my wife in April 2020 under Family class as an outland applicant. We received the PPR on April 14th 2022 and my wife lives with me in Canada and the application was processed in New Delhi.. Based on the instruction on the PPR letter I submitted a General webform on April 15th for virtual landing and haven't heard from CIC yet. But yesterday I realized that I need to send a webform to the New Delhi office. The PPR said I need to submit a webform in 5 days and I am now freaked out.

Is this going to cause any issue?

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Hi, I applied for sponsoring my wife in April 2020 under Family class as an outland applicant. We received the PPR on April 14th 2022 and my wife lives with me in Canada and the application was processed in New Delhi.. Based on the instruction on the PPR letter I submitted a General webform on April 15th for virtual landing and haven't heard from CIC yet. But yesterday I realized that I need to send a webform to the New Delhi office. The PPR said I need to submit a webform in 5 days and I am now freaked out.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Almost certainly not, just submit again.

prschn

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
I received a PPR and have submitted a webform as I am already in Canada and it has been 5 weeks and haven't received any link to create the PR portal. I have created the Permanent Residence Portal account by myself and noticed that CIC will be creating the account, I tried to delete the account but I am not able to.

Will this delay the process? Is there any way I can delete the account.

Thanks!