+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Out of status

Help22

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
So the case is I have no options at all. If inland is not an option then I am screwed. ( sorry for the wording )

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Then there is this:

Question 10- Current country of residence

Your immigration status in that country (indicate one of the following):
Citizen
Permanent resident
Visitor
Worker
Student
Other
Protected Person
Refugee Claimant
Foreign National
Other: This section must be completed if you selected "Other" as a status.
The dates (From – To) you have been living in your current country of residence.
For out-of-status applicants:

Under “Status” select “Other”;
Under “Other” type in “Out of status, requires restoration”; - Requires restoration is key word
Leave the “From” and “To” boxes blank.

I am not sure how the restoration of status work, may be the OP can try to restore the status before apply for PR

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help22 said:
So the case is I have no options at all. If inland is not an option then I am screwed. ( sorry for the wording )
No, I am NOT saying that anything has really changed [yet], only that 1 piece of the documentation (guide for the inland application) has been changed.

As mentioned, nobody has been told that this has officially been changed by CIC, but since the language WAS changed, something might be just around the corner.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draxz1289 said:
Then there is this:

Question 10- Current country of residence

Your immigration status in that country (indicate one of the following):
Citizen
Permanent resident
Visitor
Worker
Student
Other
Protected Person
Refugee Claimant
Foreign National
Other: This section must be completed if you selected "Other" as a status.
The dates (From – To) you have been living in your current country of residence.
For out-of-status applicants:

Under “Status” select “Other”;
Under “Other” type in “Out of status, requires restoration”; - Requires restoration is key word
Leave the “From” and “To” boxes blank.

I am not sure how the restoration of status work, may be the OP can try to restore the status before apply for PR
That was in the previous instruction guide as well, but many people without status have landed without any problems. Unfortunately, it's too late for the OP to restore her status, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she cannot submit an Inland application.

Help22

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Thank u everyone for this information so I guess the key is to apply asap before anything could change. Draxz1289 thank you I can see what u have given me.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help22 said:
Thank u everyone for this information so I guess the key is to apply asap before anything could change. Draxz1289 thank you I can see what u have given me.
Time really is your enemy now, so you need to do `something' ASAP. See this as the opportunity that you've secretly been asking for...embrace it and move forward with your life...and your family!

My suggestion is to contact an experienced lawyer to see what your best option really is. Most offer a free phone consultation.
Be sure to mention the change to the inland guide, in case they haven't seen that yet. Maybe they can tell you what that really means.

Good luck!

Help22

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Thank you very much ponga. The only thing I have to do is my police record which I will send away this weekend while waiting for it I will contact some lawyers. Can u recommend any ?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help22 said:
Thank you very much ponga. The only thing I have to do is my police record which I will send away this weekend while waiting for it I will contact some lawyers. Can u recommend any ?
You could try contacting the law firm that runs this forum. They are based in Montreal, but have a liaison office in Toronto.

Click on the CANADAVISA.com logo at the upper left of this page to find their contact information.

ziggy30

Nov 5, 2014
Help22 said:
Hi everyone I am new here and see how great everyone is with there responses. I am out of status and have been for 3 years. I live here with my baby and partner. Staying was a huge mistake and I have missed out on things in my life due to the fact I am now scared to leave. What are the chances of doing outland while being here or is inland my only option. Be kind as I am in a fragile state. Thank

Yes you can apply Outland I was in the same situation as you I applied inland and my app was sent Outland. Cic sent me the Outland forms to fill and the whole process took abt 6 months... I also saw an autralian girl who did it Outland without status. Cic never mentioned that you can't apply Outland without status .

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ziggy30 said:
Yes you can apply Outland I was in the same situation as you I applied inland and my app was sent Outland. Cic sent me the Outland forms to fill and the whole process took abt 6 months... I also saw an autralian girl who did it Outland without status. Cic never mentioned that you can't apply Outland without status .
Wow! You're the first person that I've seen that has successfully landed after submitting an outland application while out of status.

How long had you been out of status when you applied?

Congrats!

Help22

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Isn't this great news for me ponga. Oh I pray to god this is true. Ziggy30 also said an Australian did it also.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help22 said:
Isn't this great news for me ponga. Oh I pray to god this is true. Ziggy30 also said an Australian did it also.
I hope so!

It's been determined that a person without status certainly can submit an Outland application, but the question was (and may still be)...what, if anything, does CBSA do differently?

For years (since Feb 2005) the Inland application has been a way for a person to remain in Canada while their application is being processed.
If it turns out that CBSA basically sees an Outland applicant, that is out of status, the same way...Outland would be a no-brainer!