+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

out of status spousal sponsorship inland

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
i am in very difficult position right now if someone can pls help me with this situation. i ll be very thankful to you
i came as student in canada and now i am out of status for 3 years. i just got married with my boyfriend. and we are preparing for my spousal sponsorship application. but the problem is i need to submit my Police clearance certificate from india upfront but when i checked on consulate grnl of india's website it states clearly that i need to have a vallid status in canada to apply for PCC. i am very confused and stressed. if anyone have information related to this topic pls help.
thanku

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If the Indian consulate is refusing to give you the PCC, you may have no choice but to go to India to get it. Once you're in India you can easily get it, and then you'll have to wait there for a year while the sponsorship goes through.

Canada allows you to apply under the Spousal Sponsorship even if you're out of status, but you cannot apply without the PCC.

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
how were you out of status for 3 years? do you mean to say you were here illegally?
when i applied for post graduate work permit i made a mistake in my application so it got returned by the the time my study permit was expired.so yes now i am illegal.

Last edited:

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
If the Indian consulate is refusing to give you the PCC, you may have no choice but to go to India to get it. Once you're in India you can easily get it, and then you'll have to wait there for a year while the sponsorship goes through.

Canada allows you to apply under the Spousal Sponsorship even if you're out of status, but you cannot apply without the PCC.
thanku for your reply. the problem is i cannot go back to india as i got married against the will of my parents so its not safe. i read somewhere that i can submit a explanation letter explaining why i would not able to submit a PCC and/or submit a local pcc from my state from india. but i am not sure if CIC accepts that

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanku for your reply. the problem is i cannot go back to india as i got married against the will of my parents so its not safe. i read somewhere that i can submit a explanation letter explaining why i would not able to submit a PCC and/or submit a local pcc from my state from india. but i am not sure if CIC accepts that
Exemptions are only allowed in extreme circumstances. You can expect your app to be returned if you don't include the PCC.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
So why would you even have to see your parents if you return to India. It’s a big country. Don’t think they will give you an exemption for that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC won't accept an explanation letter. You must obtain the PCC to be approved.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah, that's not a credible explanation. They will not accept your application without the PCC.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
i am in very difficult position right now if someone can pls help me with this situation. i ll be very thankful to you
i came as student in canada and now i am out of status for 3 years. i just got married with my boyfriend. and we are preparing for my spousal sponsorship application. but the problem is i need to submit my Police clearance certificate from india upfront but when i checked on consulate grnl of india's website it states clearly that i need to have a vallid status in canada to apply for PCC. i am very confused and stressed. if anyone have information related to this topic pls help.
thanku
Sorry about your situation. Can you try getting PCC through some third party in India without going there?

Reactions: msb

Dchawla

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
thanku
Hi, were you able to get the PCC or did u get a request later on for an Indian PCC?