Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
08-02-2013
My partner and I were having a discussion tonight. I was wondering how many people have been out of status for an extended period of time?

We are 12+ years out of status. I understand that is a very long time but are there others who have been out of status for an extended period?

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Wow.

Im assuming you have also been working illegally etc etc?
Chances are not good for a PR application. You will likely be denied and deported.

You and your partner are both illegal immigrants?

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
I was out of status for 7 months before sending the app, i lost it 31 august 2012. We got married 22 july 2011, a year before, and been together four years total. Hubby is canadian citizen by birth. I cannot imagine living 12 years out if status!!! I can hardly deal with the "non existing" fact of been here! No medical insurance, no taxes, no working, no credit cards (or credit whats so ever!) not been able to contribute to family budget...
But i understand ppl that stays, im my case, love didnt let me think, i just wanted to stay with hubby and with all we had work for, the things we bought together, the pets that are our kids ! I just couldnt gave up the waking up by his side...i couldnt leave the family we built. So i stayed. We contact Vegreville on this matter several times, they told us not to worry about the lack of status, to not leave the country and just wait... Thats what we are doing...God bless everyone!

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
Spikey92 said:
Wow.

Im assuming you have also been working illegally etc etc?
Chances are not good for a PR application. You will likely be denied and deported.

You and your partner are both illegal immigrants?
No, this is wrong what you just said. Inland applications make the exception to applicant's who are out of status. It will probably delay your inland application, but you will be approved assuming you meet all the other requirements. It states in the manuals for IO's, please have a look at the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/index.asp?expand=op#op.

Thanks,

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Andym said:
We are 12+ years out of status.
Spikey92 said:
Bit misleading for you to put "we", as it does imply neither of you has status and therefore wouldn't even qualify to sponsor. Reading through your previous posts, I can see that it is only your partner that is out of status and that you are Canadian.

Illegal status is not an issue when sponsoring a partner. The PR will not be denied because of it.

However, I hope you realize that your partner could be deported at any time right now. Having an inland app submitted doesn't always prevent deportation, as several other posters on these forums can tell you.

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
Bit misleading for you to put "we", as it does imply neither of you has status and therefore wouldn't even qualify to sponsor. Reading through your previous posts, I can see that it is only your partner that is out of status and that you are Canadian.

Illegal status is not an issue when sponsoring a partner. The PR will not be denied because of it.

However, I hope you realize that your partner could be deported at any time right now. Having an inland app submitted doesn't always prevent deportation, as several other posters on these forums can tell you.
Totally agree with the above, but it is up to the officer to stay the departure order meaning to let the applicant remain in Canada until a decision has been made about their inland PR application. If your spouse / partner is asked to leave you can provide them with a receipt of your inland application and they should let you stay in Canada, but it's up to the officer. So, if you haven't sent in your inland application do it ASAP as you will have proof you have sent one in. This isn't a fail safe plan, but it is the best bet!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I have been out of status (on implied status since I requested an OWP along with my inland app) since August this year!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
It is just in the last few years they have allowed ppl out of status to apply for PR. I believe the reasoning behind this is so that ppl who are illegal here will not be scared to apply and become legal. It would sort of go against the purpose of allowing this if they just deport out of status ppl who apply….

If you are a genuine family who have been together such a long time, even more so I believe if you happen to have children born here, their purpose should be to assist families stay together who are trying to be (legal) productive members of Canadian Society.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Line.a said:
I have been out of status (on implied status since I requested an OWP along with my inland app) since August this year!
You are not out of status; Implied Status is a valid legal status allowing you to stay in Canada.